Administration console Windows - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Administration console Windows - Veritas Net Backup ; We have installed the administration console (nblaunch.exe) on a terminal server. Netbackup Admin Users (who use this console) are not local administrators of the terminal server. So we get the following message when we run "nblaunch.exe": " Netbackup Administration You ...

  1. Administration console Windows

    We have installed the administration console (nblaunch.exe) on a terminal
    server.

    Netbackup Admin Users (who use this console) are not local administrators of
    the terminal server.

    So we get the following message when we run "nblaunch.exe":

    "
    Netbackup Administration

    You must be a member of the Administrators group to run this application
    "

    Any ideas appreciated,

    Tom

  2. Re: Administration console Windows

    you could try to run the netbackup client services under the
    domain/administrator account

    "Tom Tofield" wrote in message
    > We have installed the administration console (nblaunch.exe) on a terminal
    > server.
    >
    > Netbackup Admin Users (who use this console) are not local administrators

    of
    > the terminal server.
    >
    > So we get the following message when we run "nblaunch.exe":
    >

    > "
    > Netbackup Administration
    >
    > You must be a member of the Administrators group to run this application
    > "
    >

    > Any ideas appreciated,
    >
    > Tom

  3. Odp: Administration console Windows

    Hi,

    Try to run "nblaunch.exe" from Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs, if it
    still not working You must logon as local Administrator on this maschne
    and check "local policy" for NetBackup Admin Users - they are must have
    rights to installation programs.

    pk

+ Reply to Thread