NetWare client over pure ip... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NetWare client over pure ip... - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi I'm thinking of switching from BackupExec to NetBackup Datacenter and I have some questions... Today we have several BE servers (NT and NetWare) and I would like to replace them with a single NetBackup server and three mediaservers. Is ...

  1. NetWare client over pure ip...

    Hi

    I'm thinking of switching from BackupExec to NetBackup Datacenter and I have
    some questions...
    Today we have several BE servers (NT and NetWare) and I would like to
    replace them with a single NetBackup server and three mediaservers.
    Is it possible to backup/restore to and from a NetWare client over pure ip.
    Not ipx or migration agent as we can't route ipx over our WAN.

    Is it possible to use NetBackup to backup data from GroupWise?

    TIA. /Jonas

  2. Re: NetWare client over pure ip...

    the question which concern netbackup is can you ping the netware client and
    can the netware client do a name resolution for the media|master server
    (easily solved with /hosts file created on the netware server )...

    "Jonas" wrote in message news:3c8daaba$1@hronntp01....
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm thinking of switching from BackupExec to NetBackup Datacenter and I

    have
    > some questions...
    > Today we have several BE servers (NT and NetWare) and I would like to
    > replace them with a single NetBackup server and three mediaservers.
    > Is it possible to backup/restore to and from a NetWare client over pure

    ip.
    > Not ipx or migration agent as we can't route ipx over our WAN.
    >
    > Is it possible to use NetBackup to backup data from GroupWise?
    >
    > TIA. /Jonas

+ Reply to Thread