Client Installation Problem - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Client Installation Problem - Veritas Net Backup ; When I install the client on a NT 4.0 server the install visually completes, but the bin and lib directories are empty. I try to reinstall but the same thing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks Brian...

  1. Client Installation Problem

    When I install the client on a NT 4.0 server the install visually completes,
    but the bin and lib directories are empty. I try to reinstall but the same
    thing happens. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Brian

  2. Re: Client Installation Problem

    what the application event logs says ?
    suggestions :
    - get another media cd
    - remove the reference to netbackup in the registry and relaunch the
    installation

    Notes there are several method of installation
    creating a netbackup class and inserting the client should cause the pushing
    of the netbackup binairies to the client ...
    Netbackup package is delivered in the format of *.msi

    "Brian Mayock" wrote in message
    > When I install the client on a NT 4.0 server the install visually

    completes,
    > but the bin and lib directories are empty. I try to reinstall but the same
    > thing happens. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Brian

+ Reply to Thread