Poor performance when importing an image from de-multiplex media - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Poor performance when importing an image from de-multiplex media - Veritas Net Backup ; I am getting shocking performance with this operation, scheduled backup usually takes about 2 hours, import operation from de-multiplexed tape took about 15 hours. SureStore Library with Ultrium drives. Any advise gratefully appreciated. Thanks David Johnson...

  1. Poor performance when importing an image from de-multiplex media

    I am getting shocking performance with this operation, scheduled backup
    usually takes about 2 hours, import operation from de-multiplexed tape took
    about 15 hours. SureStore Library with Ultrium drives.

    Any advise gratefully appreciated.

    Thanks
    David Johnson

  2. Re: Poor performance when importing an image from de-multiplex media

    Try using a smaller value for the "Fragment Size" in your storage unit definition
    for multiplexed images.

    "David Johnson" wrote:
    >I am getting shocking performance with this operation, scheduled backup
    >usually takes about 2 hours, import operation from de-multiplexed tape took
    >about 15 hours. SureStore Library with Ultrium drives.
    >
    >Any advise gratefully appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >David Johnson

+ Reply to Thread