Multiple Robots on Master Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Multiple Robots on Master Server - Veritas Net Backup ; Question, I would like to have a master server control a StorageTek L700 w/ 8DLT drives and a Dell T136 w/ 6 LTO drives. I would have 2 media servers (one for each robot). The Master server will be in ...

  1. Multiple Robots on Master Server

    Question, I would like to have a master server control a StorageTek L700 w/
    8DLT drives and a Dell T136 w/ 6 LTO drives. I would have 2 media servers
    (one for each robot). The Master server will be in a remote data center,
    separated by a synchronous GB ip link, and the media servers will be on the
    other side.
    Is this a realistic configuration?

  2. Re: Multiple Robots on Master Server

    I think that it is possible, but what are the benefits?

    What do you gain by having a master server controlling the robots? Why not
    have each media server control the robot and use the master server as the
    volume database host?

    If things were to go wrong, it would be a nightmare to diagnose where the
    failure is.

    "Gary Mingee" wrote in message

    > Question, I would like to have a master server control a StorageTek L700

    w/
    > 8DLT drives and a Dell T136 w/ 6 LTO drives. I would have 2 media servers
    > (one for each robot). The Master server will be in a remote data center,
    > separated by a synchronous GB ip link, and the media servers will be on

    the
    > other side.
    > Is this a realistic configuration?

+ Reply to Thread