Move NBU Database to another local drive - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Move NBU Database to another local drive - Veritas Net Backup ; I want to move the NBU database from a C:\ drive to a F:\ drive without reinstalling anything. Can this be done by copying files and modifying the registry a bit? Any suggestions on how to do this smoothly? (I ...

  1. Move NBU Database to another local drive

    I want to move the NBU database from a C:\ drive to a F:\ drive without
    reinstalling anything. Can this be done by copying files and modifying the
    registry a bit?

    Any suggestions on how to do this smoothly? (I am slowly running out of
    diskspace)

    *B*

  2. Re: Move NBU Database to another local drive

    In the manual administrator guide ,the chapter is entitled " moving the
    client image catalogs "
    1. create a file
    c:\\veritas\netbackup\db\images\\ALTPATH
    in the altpath file insert the entry where the file will reside
    f:\netbackup\alternate_db\images\
    2. create the directory in the target
    f:\netbackup\alternate_db\images\
    3. move all the file from
    c:\\veritas\netbackup\db\images\ except ALTPATH

    "Bengt" wrote in message news:3c70064c@hronntp01....
    > I want to move the NBU database from a C:\ drive to a F:\ drive without
    > reinstalling anything. Can this be done by copying files and modifying the
    > registry a bit?
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to do this smoothly? (I am slowly running out of
    > diskspace)
    >
    > *B*

  3. Re: Move NBU Database to another local drive

    In the manual administrator guide ,the chapter is entitled " moving the
    client image catalogs "
    1. create a file
    c:\\veritas\netbackup\db\images\\ALTPATH
    in the altpath file insert the entry where the file will reside
    f:\netbackup\alternate_db\images\
    2. create the directory in the target
    f:\netbackup\alternate_db\images\
    3. move all the file from
    c:\\veritas\netbackup\db\images\ except ALTPATH

    "Bengt" wrote in message news:3c70064c@hronntp01....
    > I want to move the NBU database from a C:\ drive to a F:\ drive without
    > reinstalling anything. Can this be done by copying files and modifying the
    > registry a bit?
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to do this smoothly? (I am slowly running out of
    > diskspace)
    >
    > *B*

+ Reply to Thread