non Netbackup media found in drive index # - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on non Netbackup media found in drive index # - Veritas Net Backup ; We have DC 3.4.1 on Windows NT4.0 platform. Netbackup has begun freezing media. These tapes have been used by NB before. Images on Media Report shows that backups were successfully written to the tapes recently. All tape drives were cleaned ...

  1. non Netbackup media found in drive index #

    We have DC 3.4.1 on Windows NT4.0 platform. Netbackup has begun
    freezing media. These tapes have been used by NB before. Images
    on Media Report shows that backups were successfully written to
    the tapes recently. All tape drives were cleaned manually last
    week, and I used tpclean to reset them. Accompanying messages
    vary. The last two were: "tapemark or blank tape encountered
    reading media header" and "block read is not a Netbackup media
    header, len = 1024 .. data is unknown". Any help will be greatly
    appreciated.

  2. Re: non Netbackup media found in drive index #

    Check all the boxes for "Allow Media Overwrite" on the media tab in the configure
    netbackup menu.

    Make new labels on the media by using the bplabel command.
    Open a cmd window
    $INSTALL_DIR\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bplabe l -help
    Usage: bplabel -ev evsn -d density [-o] [-p volume_pool_name]
    [-n drive_name | -u device_number]
    example with dlt tape ID=123456 and pool=swimming
    ...bplabel -ev 123456 -d dlt -p swimming
    After the tape mounts it will tell you what the tape was previously and ask
    you if you want to go ahead and label it anyway.
    There also is a man page in the system admin guide in the commands section.

    "Drew Hagerty" wrote:

    >We have DC 3.4.1 on Windows NT4.0 platform. Netbackup has begun
    >freezing media. These tapes have been used by NB before. Images
    >on Media Report shows that backups were successfully written to
    >the tapes recently. All tape drives were cleaned manually last
    >week, and I used tpclean to reset them. Accompanying messages
    >vary. The last two were: "tapemark or blank tape encountered
    >reading media header" and "block read is not a Netbackup media
    >header, len = 1024 .. data is unknown". Any help will be greatly
    >appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread