OTM isn't OTM'ing - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on OTM isn't OTM'ing - Veritas Net Backup ; We've got a dozen or more servers that aren't able to successfully run OTM and backup a set of files. Any thoughts? Thnaks...

  1. OTM isn't OTM'ing

    We've got a dozen or more servers that aren't able to successfully run OTM
    and backup a set of files. Any thoughts?

    Thnaks

  2. Re: OTM isn't OTM'ing

    several reasons why OTM would not take a snap shot of opened files further
    details can be found by enabling ./netbackup/logs/bpbkar on the client side

    "Andy" wrote in message news:3c111dd2@hronntp01....
    > We've got a dozen or more servers that aren't able to successfully run OTM
    > and backup a set of files. Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thnaks

  3. Re: OTM isn't OTM'ing

    I had a real problem with OTM and discovered that the NetBackup installation
    was failing to create a folder on the client named "Data" in the C:\Program
    Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\IDR\, the end result being that a status of 1 was
    always being reported. If you are not selecting to collect DR information
    then the job finished with a status of 0, otherwise make sure that the Data
    folder exists.

    Regards
    David

    "Andy" wrote in message news:3c111dd2@hronntp01....
    > We've got a dozen or more servers that aren't able to successfully run OTM
    > and backup a set of files. Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thnaks

  4. Re: OTM isn't OTM'ing

    BTW, Heard from Veritas that our install CD was corrupt therefore none of
    the data directories were being corrected across ALL servers. We had to
    manually create them....IDR, by the way , still doesn't work.

    "David Johnson" wrote in message
    > I had a real problem with OTM and discovered that the NetBackup

    installation
    > was failing to create a folder on the client named "Data" in the

    C:\Program
    > Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\IDR\, the end result being that a status of 1 was
    > always being reported. If you are not selecting to collect DR information
    > then the job finished with a status of 0, otherwise make sure that the

    Data
    > folder exists.
    >
    > Regards
    > David
    >
    > "Andy" wrote in message news:3c111dd2@hronntp01....
    > > We've got a dozen or more servers that aren't able to successfully run

    OTM
    > > and backup a set of files. Any thoughts?
    > >
    > > Thnaks

+ Reply to Thread