Configuring a storage teck - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Configuring a storage teck - Veritas Net Backup ; How do i configure my storagetek box so that only 6 drives are used for backups and the other 4 are for restores?? Thanks...

  1. Configuring a storage teck

    How do i configure my storagetek box so that only 6 drives are used for
    backups and the other 4 are for restores??

    Thanks

  2. Re: Configuring a storage teck

    Attach 6 drives to one media server and create a storage unit for those.
    backup-storageunit

    Attach the other 4 drives to another media server. restore-storageunit

    For Unix

    in the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf

    FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER =

    This will force restores to go to a specific media server instead of the one
    it was backed up on.

    "Andy" wrote in message news:3bd985e3$1@hronntp01....
    > How do i configure my storagetek box so that only 6 drives are used for
    > backups and the other 4 are for restores??
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Configuring a storage teck

    "John Smith" wrote in message
    > Attach 6 drives to one media server and create a storage unit for those.
    > backup-storageunit
    >
    > Attach the other 4 drives to another media server. restore-storageunit

    Couldn't you just set the Storage Unit to use a maximum of 6 drives for the
    backup, then create another with max 4? This, of course, wouldn't allow you
    to specify which drives get used for backup or restore, but you'd always
    have 6 for one and 4 for the other.

    Rusty

    > For Unix
    >
    > in the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf
    >
    > FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER =
    >
    > This will force restores to go to a specific media server instead of the

    one
    > it was backed up on.
    >

    > "Andy" wrote in message news:3bd985e3$1@hronntp01....
    > > How do i configure my storagetek box so that only 6 drives are used for
    > > backups and the other 4 are for restores??
    > >
    > > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread