MSSQL 7 & ODBC !? and Exchange - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on MSSQL 7 & ODBC !? and Exchange - Veritas Net Backup ; Dear All, I installed NetBackup DC 3.4.1 on to NT4 SP6a - attached to small library with 2 x SDLT drives (I know support issues are there but they don't give me trouble yet!) On my exchange server - Also ...

  1. MSSQL 7 & ODBC !? and Exchange

    Dear All,

    I installed NetBackup DC 3.4.1 on to NT4 SP6a - attached to small library
    with 2 x SDLT drives (I know support issues are there but they don't give me
    trouble yet!)

    On my exchange server - Also NT4 SP6a - with Exchange 5.5 SP4 - I have
    installed the NetBackup Client software and the Exchnage Agent.
    I have followed the Technote for installation to the letter, and can backup
    the Directory Store and Information Store with no problem - however, when I
    try to do a Mailbox backup - the mailbox is set-up as per the technote -
    then the server gives a dr.watson error on NBWIN.....

    Anyone seen this???

    On my SQL server - again NT4SP6a - with MSSQL - 7 - the manual has been
    followed, however, when I attempt to start the GUI, I get an error stating
    the ODBC links are broken and no DSN list is available - I have changed the
    DSN between both the Administrator and SA accounts - on all occasions the
    ODBC test completed sucessfully...

    Anyone got any ideas on this one?

    All help would be appreciated - one thing -I am about to try the 341_1
    patch - and will advise if this sorts the issue !

    Regards
    JW

  2. Re: MSSQL 7 & ODBC !? and Exchange

    Hi,

    please make sure you have installed the latest Netbackup patch on all your
    clients.
    I have had a similar problem with different patch levels.

    Regards
    Roland

    jonathan@nospam.co.uk wrote:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I installed NetBackup DC 3.4.1 on to NT4 SP6a - attached to small library
    > with 2 x SDLT drives (I know support issues are there but they don't give me
    > trouble yet!)
    >
    > On my exchange server - Also NT4 SP6a - with Exchange 5.5 SP4 - I have
    > installed the NetBackup Client software and the Exchnage Agent.
    > I have followed the Technote for installation to the letter, and can backup
    > the Directory Store and Information Store with no problem - however, when I
    > try to do a Mailbox backup - the mailbox is set-up as per the technote -
    > then the server gives a dr.watson error on NBWIN.....
    >
    > Anyone seen this???
    >
    > On my SQL server - again NT4SP6a - with MSSQL - 7 - the manual has been
    > followed, however, when I attempt to start the GUI, I get an error stating
    > the ODBC links are broken and no DSN list is available - I have changed the
    > DSN between both the Administrator and SA accounts - on all occasions the
    > ODBC test completed sucessfully...
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas on this one?
    >
    > All help would be appreciated - one thing -I am about to try the 341_1
    > patch - and will advise if this sorts the issue !
    >
    > Regards
    > JW

+ Reply to Thread