Please help... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Please help... - Veritas Net Backup ; I am using NetBackup DataCenter with a HP Ultrium 2/20 Library. I have had some problems as detailed below... I am having to configure the Library as a DLT library and the drives as DLT drives otherwise they do not ...

  1. Please help...

    I am using NetBackup DataCenter with a HP Ultrium 2/20 Library. I have had
    some problems as detailed below...

    I am having to configure the Library as a DLT library and the drives as DLT
    drives otherwise they do not work. Despite the fact that there is a choice
    for "hcart" devices, if these are selected nothing works.
    With the above configuration the throughput for a backup is pathetic, even
    when backing up the media server (no network required)

    I have applied all firmware updates for the library and also the latest
    Ultrium drivers from Veritas. Has anyone configured a similar setup??

    Any advice/help gratefully recieved.

    David Johnson

  2. Re: Please help...

    lto drives must be configured of density hcart ,performance can be improved
    by setting the buffers size (refer to the technote )

    "David Johnson" wrote in message
    > I am using NetBackup DataCenter with a HP Ultrium 2/20 Library. I have

    had
    > some problems as detailed below...
    >
    > I am having to configure the Library as a DLT library and the drives as

    DLT
    > drives otherwise they do not work. Despite the fact that there is a

    choice
    > for "hcart" devices, if these are selected nothing works.
    > With the above configuration the throughput for a backup is pathetic, even
    > when backing up the media server (no network required)
    >
    > I have applied all firmware updates for the library and also the latest
    > Ultrium drivers from Veritas. Has anyone configured a similar setup??
    >
    > Any advice/help gratefully recieved.
    >
    > David Johnson

+ Reply to Thread