ALTPATH client images relocation - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on ALTPATH client images relocation - Veritas Net Backup ; I've problem relocation client images as described in the NBU Admin Guide (Chap 4). After relocating all clients' directory, I can't get any backup to start however when I moved the images backup to their original installation everything is fine. ...

  1. ALTPATH client images relocation

    I've problem relocation client images as described in the NBU Admin Guide
    (Chap 4).
    After relocating all clients' directory, I can't get any backup to start
    however when I
    moved the images backup to their original installation everything is fine.

    Care to comment ?

  2. Re: ALTPATH client images relocation

    "KS Chang" wrote:
    >I've problem relocation client images as described in the NBU Admin Guide
    >(Chap 4).
    >After relocating all clients' directory, I can't get any backup to start
    >however when I
    >moved the images backup to their original installation everything is fine.
    >
    >Care to comment ?

    in the original subdirectory ie \netbackup\db\imagaes folder all clients
    must contain a file called altpath which points to the new location of the
    indexes. there is also a place in the backup policy which backs up the images
    that you must point to the new location for the image files to be backed
    up

+ Reply to Thread