Can't adjust properties for remote machines with NB Administration client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Can't adjust properties for remote machines with NB Administration client - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a Windows NT 4.0 server with the NetBackup Admin client installed. I want to adjust the properties for OTM on another Windows client. I run the app to confiugre NetBackup, and after connecting to my unix master server, ...

  1. Can't adjust properties for remote machines with NB Administration client

    I have a Windows NT 4.0 server with the NetBackup Admin client installed.
    I want to adjust the properties for OTM on another Windows client. I run
    the app to confiugre NetBackup, and after connecting to my unix master server,
    I can see all of the client machines however I can only see the properties
    for the local machine. If I try for a remote machine a screen comes up saying
    "Host xyz is not responing. Continue to read hosts?" If I select yes or
    no, the screen just disappears. This also happened when I tried to configure
    my Exchange server and needed to change a setting. I ended up just installing
    the Admin client on the Exchange server, because I can adjust the local machine.
    I can install the Admin client on the other server also and adjust the OTM
    settings, but this should work without me installing the Admin Client everytime
    I need to change some settings.

    TIA

  2. Re: Can't adjust properties for remote machines with NB Administration client

    You can edit the registry, (remotely)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/VERITAS/NetBackup/CurrentVersion/Config etc.
    Just verify the settings on the box with Admin loaded.

    "Malcolm Preston" wrote in message

    > I have a Windows NT 4.0 server with the NetBackup Admin client installed.
    > I want to adjust the properties for OTM on another Windows client. I run
    > the app to confiugre NetBackup, and after connecting to my unix master

    server,
    > I can see all of the client machines however I can only see the properties
    > for the local machine. If I try for a remote machine a screen comes up

    saying
    > "Host xyz is not responing. Continue to read hosts?" If I select yes or
    > no, the screen just disappears. This also happened when I tried to

    configure
    > my Exchange server and needed to change a setting. I ended up just

    installing
    > the Admin client on the Exchange server, because I can adjust the local

    machine.
    > I can install the Admin client on the other server also and adjust the

    OTM
    > settings, but this should work without me installing the Admin Client

    everytime
    > I need to change some settings.
    >

    > TIA

  3. Re: Can't adjust properties for remote machines with NB Administration client

    In the configure Netbackup, check to see if all servers are listed in the
    "master server properties" "servers tab". You can add additional servers
    here to administer the clients. also check to see if you have white holes
    setup for specific master or media servers that might only be able to access
    certain segments of the network
    "Gary Helander" wrote:
    >You can edit the registry, (remotely)
    >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/VERITAS/NetBackup/CurrentVersion/Config etc.
    >Just verify the settings on the box with Admin loaded.
    >
    >"Malcolm Preston" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have a Windows NT 4.0 server with the NetBackup Admin client installed.
    >> I want to adjust the properties for OTM on another Windows client. I

    run
    >> the app to confiugre NetBackup, and after connecting to my unix master

    >server,
    >> I can see all of the client machines however I can only see the properties
    >> for the local machine. If I try for a remote machine a screen comes up

    >saying
    >> "Host xyz is not responing. Continue to read hosts?" If I select yes

    or
    >> no, the screen just disappears. This also happened when I tried to

    >configure
    >> my Exchange server and needed to change a setting. I ended up just

    >installing
    >> the Admin client on the Exchange server, because I can adjust the local

    >machine.
    >> I can install the Admin client on the other server also and adjust the

    >OTM
    >> settings, but this should work without me installing the Admin Client

    >everytime
    >> I need to change some settings.
    >>

    >> TIA

+ Reply to Thread