SNMP alerting with NetBackup v3.4.1? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on SNMP alerting with NetBackup v3.4.1? - Veritas Net Backup ; I was just curious if anyone is or has used SNMP alerting with Veritas NetBackup v3.4.1. We like to send SNMP messages to an HP Open View server running Manage X. This is our central repository for all alerts. We ...

  1. SNMP alerting with NetBackup v3.4.1?

    I was just curious if anyone is or has used SNMP alerting with Veritas NetBackup
    v3.4.1. We like to send SNMP messages to an HP Open View server running Manage
    X. This is our central repository for all alerts. We used ArcServe before,
    and this was fairly simple. It would be nice to be able to do this with NetBackup.
    I just can't find any documentation on SNMP alerts for NetBackup. Any help
    would be greatly appreciated

  2. Re: SNMP alerting with NetBackup v3.4.1?

    contact sales@veritas.com

    consultancy issue

    "Lewis Lawrence" wrote in message

    > I was just curious if anyone is or has used SNMP alerting with Veritas

    NetBackup
    > v3.4.1. We like to send SNMP messages to an HP Open View server running

    Manage
    > X. This is our central repository for all alerts. We used ArcServe before,
    > and this was fairly simple. It would be nice to be able to do this with

    NetBackup.
    > I just can't find any documentation on SNMP alerts for NetBackup. Any help
    > would be greatly appreciated

  3. Re: SNMP alerting with NetBackup v3.4.1?

    So I'm basically going to have to get a Datalink (our reseller) to come out
    and configure this? No documentation or books out on this issue?

    "el zorro" wrote:
    >contact sales@veritas.com
    >
    >consultancy issue
    >
    >"Lewis Lawrence" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I was just curious if anyone is or has used SNMP alerting with Veritas

    >NetBackup
    >> v3.4.1. We like to send SNMP messages to an HP Open View server running

    >Manage
    >> X. This is our central repository for all alerts. We used ArcServe before,
    >> and this was fairly simple. It would be nice to be able to do this with

    >NetBackup.
    >> I just can't find any documentation on SNMP alerts for NetBackup. Any

    help
    >> would be greatly appreciated

  4. Re: SNMP alerting with NetBackup v3.4.1?

    > So I'm basically going to have to get a Datalink (our reseller) to come

    out
    > and configure this? No documentation or books out on this issue?

    Yep it is a shame because a great veritas tradition is not kept here
    (providing a basic MIB to all its product )

  5. Re: SNMP alerting with NetBackup v3.4.1?

    Just curious if you were able to get this working. I have the MIB's for NetBackup,
    but my NetBackup system must not be configured to send the traps. OpenView
    is waiting to receive the traps, but is not able to receive anything from
    the system.

    Mark MacConnell
    "Lewis Lawrence" wrote:

    >I was just curious if anyone is or has used SNMP alerting with Veritas NetBackup
    >v3.4.1. We like to send SNMP messages to an HP Open View server running

    Manage
    >X. This is our central repository for all alerts. We used ArcServe before,
    >and this was fairly simple. It would be nice to be able to do this with

    NetBackup.
    >I just can't find any documentation on SNMP alerts for NetBackup. Any help
    >would be greatly appreciated

  6. Re: SNMP alerting with NetBackup v3.4.1?

    you can purchase veritas snmp extension which integrates with netbackup
    "Mark MacConnell" wrote in message

    > Just curious if you were able to get this working. I have the MIB's for

    NetBackup,
    > but my NetBackup system must not be configured to send the traps. OpenView
    > is waiting to receive the traps, but is not able to receive anything from
    > the system.
    >
    > Mark MacConnell
    > "Lewis Lawrence" wrote:
    > >
    > >I was just curious if anyone is or has used SNMP alerting with Veritas

    NetBackup
    > >v3.4.1. We like to send SNMP messages to an HP Open View server running

    > Manage
    > >X. This is our central repository for all alerts. We used ArcServe

    before,
    > >and this was fairly simple. It would be nice to be able to do this with

    > NetBackup.
    > >I just can't find any documentation on SNMP alerts for NetBackup. Any

    help
    > >would be greatly appreciated

+ Reply to Thread