Master to Master client migration - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Master to Master client migration - Veritas Net Backup ; Anyone have experience with migrating clients and their classes to another Master Server? (i.e. transferring off the media ID's and the catalog entries to a different Master Server) -- Steve Gauthier Archive Manager / UNIX Systems Administrator Rational Software Corporation ...

  1. Master to Master client migration

    --
    Steve Gauthier
    Archive Manager / UNIX Systems Administrator
    Rational Software Corporation
    20 Maguire Road
    Lexington, MA 02421
    P: 781.676.7508
    mailto:sgauthier@rational.com

  2. Re: Master to Master client migration

    I've done quite a few. There isn't too much to it. You'll need to use
    bpimage -oldserver OLD_MASTER -newserver NEW_SERVER to move the images
    logically.

    James

    "Joe Blow" wrote in message
    > Anyone have experience with migrating clients and their classes to
    > another Master Server? (i.e. transferring off the media ID's and the
    > catalog entries to a different Master Server)
    >
    > --
    > Steve Gauthier
    > Archive Manager / UNIX Systems Administrator
    > Rational Software Corporation
    > 20 Maguire Road
    > Lexington, MA 02421
    > P: 781.676.7508
    > mailto:sgauthier@rational.com

  3. Re: Master to Master client migration

    "Joe Blow" wrote in message
    > Anyone have experience with migrating clients and their classes to
    > another Master Server? (i.e. transferring off the media ID's and the
    > catalog entries to a different Master Server)
    >
    > --
    > Steve Gauthier
    > Archive Manager / UNIX Systems Administrator
    > Rational Software Corporation
    > 20 Maguire Road
    > Lexington, MA 02421
    > P: 781.676.7508