This is a discussion on Status: 37 - Veritas Net Backup ; Good Day, under most managment applets i'm recieving a "Status: 37 operation requested by an invalid server" error message, has anyone seen this before? I've searched the Veritas web and searched in the documentation with no luck!! I have 6 ...

  1. Status: 37

    Good Day, under most managment applets i'm recieving a "Status: 37 operation
    requested by an invalid server" error message, has anyone seen this before?
    I've searched the Veritas web and searched in the documentation with no luck!!
    I have 6 servers with NBDC installed and only one is having this problem!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

    D. Kobus
    Systems Engineer

  2. Re: Status: 37

    Dan

    Check to make sure that all the media servers are in the masters server list
    (under the Configure Netbackup screen). Make sure they are in there and
    then restart the services on the master, and this should sort you out.

    Chris
    Dan Kobus wrote in message <3ae9f8de$1@hronntp01.>...

    >Good Day, under most managment applets i'm recieving a "Status: 37

    operation
    >requested by an invalid server" error message, has anyone seen this before?
    >I've searched the Veritas web and searched in the documentation with no

    luck!!
    >I have 6 servers with NBDC installed and only one is having this problem!!
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    >
    >D. Kobus
    >Systems Engineer

  3. Re: Status: 37

    I'm seem to get this error 37 as well. Any reason why with no change on our
    part this would pop up? Your right, I just stop/start the services on the
    master and everything is working. I hope I don't have to do this every morning.

    "Chris Holloway" wrote:
    >Dan
    >
    >Check to make sure that all the media servers are in the masters server

    list
    >(under the Configure Netbackup screen). Make sure they are in there and
    >then restart the services on the master, and this should sort you out.
    >
    >Chris
    >Dan Kobus wrote in message <3ae9f8de$1@hronntp01.>...
    >>
    >>Good Day, under most managment applets i'm recieving a "Status: 37

    >operation
    >>requested by an invalid server" error message, has anyone seen this before?
    >>I've searched the Veritas web and searched in the documentation with no

    >luck!!
    >>I have 6 servers with NBDC installed and only one is having this problem!!
    >>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    >>
    >>D. Kobus
    >>Systems Engineer

  4. Re: Status: 37

    Chris,
    Good call. Previously I was able to view some things in the console but
    when I was trying to load up the policies or run reports it would give me
    this error. I stopped all the services in the master server for about 15
    seconds and started them back up. When I got back to the remote console
    everything worked great.

    Kudos!

    Mauro
    Information Systems Technician
    "Chris Holloway" wrote:
    >Dan
    >
    >Check to make sure that all the media servers are in the masters server

    list
    >(under the Configure Netbackup screen). Make sure they are in there and
    >then restart the services on the master, and this should sort you out.
    >
    >Chris
    >Dan Kobus wrote in message <3ae9f8de$1@hronntp01.>...
    >>
    >>Good Day, under most managment applets i'm recieving a "Status: 37

    >operation
    >>requested by an invalid server" error message, has anyone seen this before?
    >>I've searched the Veritas web and searched in the documentation with no

    >luck!!
    >>I have 6 servers with NBDC installed and only one is having this problem!!
    >>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    >>
    >>D. Kobus
    >>Systems Engineer

+ Reply to Thread