How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup via TEC - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup via TEC - Veritas Net Backup ; Is there any solution for setting up NetBackup, so it can send SNMP Traps to a Tivoli SNMP Adapter or Tivoli TEC Server ? Or is a Tivoli Manager for NetBackup ?...

  1. How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup via TEC

    Is there any solution for setting up NetBackup, so it can send SNMP Traps
    to a Tivoli SNMP Adapter or Tivoli TEC Server ? Or is a Tivoli Manager for
    NetBackup ?

  2. Re: How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup via TEC

    We've been using Veritas' ENE (which I believe stands for Event Notification
    Extension). ENE enables NetBackup to send SNMP events to our TEC server.
    So I have received messages on my pager telling me a backup job bombed.
    I don't know alot about ENE other than it is relatively new, and is still
    undergoing developement.

    "Stig Nielsen" wrote:

    >Is there any solution for setting up NetBackup, so it can send SNMP Traps
    >to a Tivoli SNMP Adapter or Tivoli TEC Server ? Or is a Tivoli Manager for
    >NetBackup ?

  3. Re: How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup via TEC

    "Stig Nielsen" wrote:

    >Is there any solution for setting up NetBackup, so it can send SNMP Traps
    >to a Tivoli SNMP Adapter or Tivoli TEC Server ? Or is a Tivoli Manager for
    >NetBackup ?

    Have you received any information about integrating NetBackup SNMP data into
    Tivoli. I am interested in running the Tivoli Workload Scheduler (or even
    OPC on the Mainframe) and getting feedback from NetBackup on backup tasks
    that I can track through one central scheduler.

+ Reply to Thread