backups running too frequently - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on backups running too frequently - Veritas Net Backup ; i have a full backup scheduled to run at a freq of every 4 weeks, which we are using as a monthly. netbackup is trying to run this every week. the job fails because i dont install tapes from the ...

  1. backups running too frequently

    i have a full backup scheduled to run at a freq of every 4 weeks, which we
    are using as a monthly. netbackup is trying to run this every week. the
    job fails because i dont install tapes from the pool for it to use. bad
    thing is that after this fails it also fails the regular full backup which
    does run weekly. what am i doing wrong?

  2. Re: backups running too frequently

    Aaron,

    You should check your schedule in the class you setup for this backup. Make
    sure the retention is set correctly. If you have other questions, let me
    know...

    Chris
    chrisam@rocketmail.com
    "aaron lawson" wrote:

    >i have a full backup scheduled to run at a freq of every 4 weeks, which

    we
    >are using as a monthly. netbackup is trying to run this every week. the
    >job fails because i dont install tapes from the pool for it to use. bad
    >thing is that after this fails it also fails the regular full backup which
    >does run weekly. what am i doing wrong?

+ Reply to Thread