Deleting Active Media - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Deleting Active Media - Veritas Net Backup ; I have some active media that i wish to remove but it will not delete. bpexpdate will not expire the media. The command line i am using is bpexpdate -ev (mediaid) -d 0 Is their any other way to delete ...

  1. Deleting Active Media

    I have some active media that i wish to remove but it will not delete. bpexpdate
    will not expire the media.

    The command line i am using is bpexpdate -ev (mediaid) -d 0

    Is their any other way to delete the media?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Deleting Active Media

    "David Butler" wrote:

    >I have some active media that i wish to remove but it will not delete. bpexpdate
    >will not expire the media.
    >
    >The command line i am using is bpexpdate -ev (mediaid) -d 0
    >
    >Is their any other way to delete the media?
    >
    >Thanks

    Hi,
    could you be more specific, what happens after you execute the bpexpdate
    command?

  3. Re: Deleting Active Media

    "Mickey Friedman" wrote:

    >"David Butler" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have some active media that i wish to remove but it will not delete.

    bpexpdate
    >>will not expire the media.
    >>

    >>The command line i am using is bpexpdate -ev (mediaid) -d 0
    >>
    >>Is their any other way to delete the media?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    >Hi,
    >could you be more specific, what happens after you execute the bpexpdate
    >command?

    I had the same problem today. Did the BPEXPDATE and it deleted the tape#s
    just fine but wouldn't delete CLxxxx catalog object. So here's a link with
    some info you can try.

    let me know what happens.

    hl

+ Reply to Thread