How can I increase backup performance when backing up small files. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How can I increase backup performance when backing up small files. - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi We have a server with a large number of small 50k files. The total backup size is around 42 GB and the number of files is 823500. The KB/Sec speed is only 1274 and a full backup job takes ...

  1. How can I increase backup performance when backing up small files.

    Hi

    We have a server with a large number of small 50k files.

    The total backup size is around 42 GB and the number of files is 823500.

    The KB/Sec speed is only 1274 and a full backup job takes 9 1/2 Hrs

    We have servers backing up to the same device that reach 18000 KB/Sec

    Are there any client options that can improve performance

    Thanks in advance

    Dave Butler

  2. Re: How can I increase backup performance when backing up small files.

    David,

    There are ways to increase performance to that from the master to client.
    Give me a jingle and I will let you know how to accomplish this task?

    Chris
    chrisam@rocketmail.com"David Butler" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >We have a server with a large number of small 50k files.
    >
    >The total backup size is around 42 GB and the number of files is 823500.
    >

    >The KB/Sec speed is only 1274 and a full backup job takes 9 1/2 Hrs
    >
    >We have servers backing up to the same device that reach 18000 KB/Sec
    >

    >Are there any client options that can improve performance
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Dave Butler

+ Reply to Thread