Tape Vaulting with NBDC 3.4 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Tape Vaulting with NBDC 3.4 - Veritas Net Backup ; I would like to have more information on tape vaulting regarding netbackup for 3.4 data center. Any info would be appreciated. chris...

  1. Tape Vaulting with NBDC 3.4

    I would like to have more information on tape vaulting regarding netbackup
    for 3.4 data center. Any info would be appreciated.

    chris

  2. Re: Tape Vaulting with NBDC 3.4

    FYI,

    Tape vaulting is a seperate product from Veritas. This product is solely
    supported by Veritas. If you purchase this product, Veritas installs and
    supports this product. As far as I know today, Veritas is the only provider
    and support for this product. No third party is authorized to install and
    support this product as of yet.

    Chris
    Chr"chris" wrote:

    >I would like to have more information on tape vaulting regarding netbackup
    >for 3.4 data center. Any info would be appreciated.
    >
    >chris

  3. Re: Tape Vaulting with NBDC 3.4

    The way I understand it is that it's more of a service rather then a
    product.
    They come in and assess your environment and then modify scripts to fit your
    need. It's ot a simple plugin or option.
    --Jason

    "Chris" wrote in message

    > FYI,
    >
    > Tape vaulting is a seperate product from Veritas. This product is solely
    > supported by Veritas. If you purchase this product, Veritas installs and
    > supports this product. As far as I know today, Veritas is the only

    provider
    > and support for this product. No third party is authorized to install and
    > support this product as of yet.
    >
    > Chris
    > Chr"chris" wrote:
    > >
    > >I would like to have more information on tape vaulting regarding

    netbackup
    > >for 3.4 data center. Any info would be appreciated.
    > >
    > >chris

  4. Re: Tape Vaulting with NBDC 3.4

    It involves installing a bunch of scripts AND a UNIX type shell called
    Nutcracker. I believe some of the scripts are Perl.
    It is currently a consulting service that you buy, but I am told that it is
    an add on software option in NB 4.5. It also supposedly has a GUI
    interface.

    -brent

    "Jasons" wrote in message news:3aa7ae81@hronntp01....
    > The way I understand it is that it's more of a service rather then a
    > product.
    > They come in and assess your environment and then modify scripts to fit

    your
    > need. It's ot a simple plugin or option.
    > --Jason
    >

    > "Chris" wrote in message
    > >
    > > FYI,
    > >
    > > Tape vaulting is a seperate product from Veritas. This product is

    solely
    > > supported by Veritas. If you purchase this product, Veritas installs

    and
    > > supports this product. As far as I know today, Veritas is the only

    > provider
    > > and support for this product. No third party is authorized to install

    and
    > > support this product as of yet.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > > Chr"chris" wrote:
    > > >
    > > >I would like to have more information on tape vaulting regarding

    > netbackup
    > > >for 3.4 data center. Any info would be appreciated.
    > > >
    > > >chris

+ Reply to Thread