Windows 2000 Backup/Restore - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Windows 2000 Backup/Restore - Veritas Net Backup ; Can anyone tell me, how to correctly configure a W2k backup/restore? The backup itself seems to work, but when I want to restore the just saved data, I get "WARNING: server (NB_SRV1) does not contain any backups for client (Cl04) ...

  1. Windows 2000 Backup/Restore

    Can anyone tell me, how to correctly configure a W2k backup/restore? The backup
    itself seems to work, but when I want to restore the just saved data, I get
    "WARNING: server (NB_SRV1) does not contain any backups for client (Cl04)
    using the specified class type (MS-Windows-NT) as requested by client (Cl04)."

  2. Re: Windows 2000 Backup/Restore

    trying looking for the client using the class type of Standard.

    But that should not be the case. your backup policy should be configured
    for MS-Windows-NT.

    LB

    "Lars" wrote in message news:3a52f157$1@hronntp01....

    > Can anyone tell me, how to correctly configure a W2k backup/restore? The

    backup
    > itself seems to work, but when I want to restore the just saved data, I

    get
    > "WARNING: server (NB_SRV1) does not contain any backups for client (Cl04)
    > using the specified class type (MS-Windows-NT) as requested by client

    (Cl04)."

  3. Re: Windows 2000 Backup/Restore

    Go to Action -> Specify Net Backup Machine and make sure the right server
    is current under the server tab. If you are doing the restore from the Master
    make sure it is current. And then go to the client tab and make sure the
    right clint is selected.

    Next, go again to Action -> Specify Net Backup Machine. You will now see
    a third tab that is labeled "Source Client". Under this tab make sure the
    right client is current and also at the bottom you will find a " Class Type
    " section. If you class type is Lotus-notes, or Windows NT or whichever,
    make sure you select the right one. After you do all this you will get the
    catalogues for the restore you wish to do. I hope this will help.

    "Lars" wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me, how to correctly configure a W2k backup/restore? The

    backup
    >itself seems to work, but when I want to restore the just saved data, I

    get
    >"WARNING: server (NB_SRV1) does not contain any backups for client (Cl04)
    >using the specified class type (MS-Windows-NT) as requested by client (Cl04)."

+ Reply to Thread