Available_Media cmd - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Available_Media cmd - Veritas Net Backup ; Yesterday I ran this command...now when I try again it says it is already running please wait. Any way to kill the process so that I can check my media again? Stopping and restarting the services and rebooting the server ...

  1. Available_Media cmd

    Yesterday I ran this command...now when I try again it says it is already
    running please wait. Any way to kill the process so that I can check my media
    again? Stopping and restarting the services and rebooting the server have
    not helped

  2. Re: Available_Media cmd

    Yes there is a way to fix this problem, In your Temp directory
    you will see several file with a *.lok extension, just delete or move these
    files to other directory, and ran the command again.

    Hope this helps

    "richard" wrote:

    >Yesterday I ran this command...now when I try again it says it is already
    >running please wait. Any way to kill the process so that I can check my

    media
    >again? Stopping and restarting the services and rebooting the server have
    >not helped

  3. Re: Available_Media cmd

    "Todd Smith" wrote:

    >Yes there is a way to fix this problem, In your Temp directory
    >you will see several file with a *.lok extension, just delete or move these
    >files to other directory, and ran the command again.
    >
    >Hope this helps
    >

    >"richard" wrote:
    >>
    >>Yesterday I ran this command...now when I try again it says it is already
    >>running please wait. Any way to kill the process so that I can check my

    >media
    >>again? Stopping and restarting the services and rebooting the server have
    >>not helped

    >Thanks Todd...you were right on with this one..also according to Veritas

    the issue is it can take a while for the command to run depending on the
    amount of media in the data base...but 2 days?...not too sure I like that
    feature

+ Reply to Thread