Administration errors - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Administration errors - Veritas Net Backup ; I just installed the netbackup (3.41) admin client on a win2k server, and it gives me an error that it cannot connect to server. I can connect to it from other admin machines? any help or guidance would be apreciated. ...

  1. Administration errors

    I just installed the netbackup (3.41) admin client on a win2k server, and
    it gives me an error that it cannot connect to server. I can connect to
    it from other admin machines?
    any help or guidance would be apreciated.
    Thanks
    Anthony

  2. Re: Administration errors

    Make sure you add the win2k machine to the Server list of the master (or BP.conf
    if it is a UNIX master) file of the master

    "Anthony" wrote:

    >I just installed the netbackup (3.41) admin client on a win2k server, and
    >it gives me an error that it cannot connect to server. I can connect to
    >it from other admin machines?
    >any help or guidance would be apreciated.
    >Thanks
    >Anthony

  3. Re: Administration errors

    I should carify, any machine that has the admin software on it must be in
    the server list on the Netbackup Master server.

    "Kevin" wrote:

    >Make sure you add the win2k machine to the Server list of the master (or

    BP.conf
    >if it is a UNIX master) file of the master
    >
    >"Anthony" wrote:
    >>
    >>I just installed the netbackup (3.41) admin client on a win2k server, and
    >>it gives me an error that it cannot connect to server. I can connect

    >>it from other admin machines?
    >>any help or guidance would be apreciated.
    >>Thanks
    >>Anthony

+ Reply to Thread