Backing up data from Mac subnetwork... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backing up data from Mac subnetwork... - Veritas Net Backup ; We're about to implement NetBackup Data Center on a network of about 500+ clients. There is a peer-to-peer network of about 17 Macs that want to have their data backed up to tape as well. We have licenses for all ...

  1. Backing up data from Mac subnetwork...

    We're about to implement NetBackup Data Center on a network of about 500+
    clients. There is a peer-to-peer network of about 17 Macs that want to have
    their data backed up to tape as well. We have licenses for all the Novell,
    NT, and Unix servers. How would you recommend bringing the Macs into the
    network in the most economical fashion? We wonder if adding an NT server
    with Mac services would do the trick (we can't use a Novell box since we're
    running Netware 3.12 w/ IPX/SPX). Thanks in advance...
    Peter Bonta

  2. Re: Backing up data from Mac subnetwork...

    Peter bonta wrote:
    > clients. There is a peer-to-peer network of about 17 Macs that want to have
    > their data backed up to tape as well. We have licenses for all the Novell,
    > NT, and Unix servers. How would you recommend bringing the Macs into the
    > network in the most economical fashion? We wonder if adding an NT server
    > with Mac services would do the trick (we can't use a Novell box since we're

    Why not just use the NBU Mac client? If you 500+ clients, those 17 won't
    make difference.

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/251712.htm for compatibility:
    "Mac 10.0, 10.1, 10.1.3, 8.5, 8.6, 9.0 "

    and this technote:
    "NetBackup 3.4 (as of patch 34_1) and NetBackup 4.5 include support of a
    client for Mac OS X 10.0 and Mac OS X 10.1. An officially supported
    NetBackup client for Mac OS X 10.2 is included with NetBackup 4.5 FP3."

    Especially read the last technote if you're planning to use Jag or Panther.

    HTH,
    Alex
    (only reply-to-group, my mail adress is fake)

+ Reply to Thread