Lotus Notes extension - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Lotus Notes extension - Veritas Net Backup ; Has anyone successfully used lotus notes agent under NT ? We get an access violation on client in bpbkar32.exe when ever we try to perform a backup. Veritas have not come up with a fix yet !!!!!...

  1. Lotus Notes extension

    Has anyone successfully used lotus notes agent under NT ?

    We get an access violation on client in bpbkar32.exe when ever we try to
    perform a backup. Veritas have not come up with a fix yet !!!!!

  2. Re: Lotus Notes extension

    solved this myself
    "dsanders" wrote in message
    > Has anyone successfully used lotus notes agent under NT ?
    >
    > We get an access violation on client in bpbkar32.exe when ever we try to
    > perform a backup. Veritas have not come up with a fix yet !!!!!

  3. Re: Lotus Notes extension

    Hi we have been experiencing problems with the Ntebackup Lotus Notes Extension,

    Our site is a NT 4.0 SP6A Datacenter 3.4.

    We keep getting a 71 error, also I notice when I did a user backup on the
    local notes system, and selected the Lotus notes agent only. it was looking
    for the data files under c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\c or \e for (\c
    or \e was to be drive letter not directories). I have had some success with
    a manual start using (/e and e:\ I think it works with the /e, but I have
    been unable to prove it yet.) in files directory. It seems that is backs
    up, but I am unable to use the jave interface to start a restore to verify.
    it does not list the files.

    "dsanders" wrote:
    >solved this myself
    >"dsanders" wrote in message
    >> Has anyone successfully used lotus notes agent under NT ?
    >>
    >> We get an access violation on client in bpbkar32.exe when ever we try

    >> perform a backup. Veritas have not come up with a fix yet !!!!!

  4. Re: Lotus Notes extension

    The best way to ensure all paths are correct is to go
    to the lotus note client via START - Configure Netbackup
    on the admin console (master server). Select the lotus Notes Tab and fill in
    details here. This ensures that
    the registry is correct on the client. You should then
    be able to go to the master server and define a policy using normal nt drive
    letters etc. perform a manual test backup from the master. Then run up the
    client interface
    and you should be able to restore databases.
    You should also be able to run user directed backups in the same way.

    Let me know if any problems.

    "Todd Smith" wrote in message

    > Hi we have been experiencing problems with the Ntebackup Lotus Notes

    Extension,

    > Our site is a NT 4.0 SP6A Datacenter 3.4.
    >
    > We keep getting a 71 error, also I notice when I did a user backup on the
    > local notes system, and selected the Lotus notes agent only. it was

    looking
    > for the data files under c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\c or \e for

    (\c
    > or \e was to be drive letter not directories). I have had some success

    with
    > a manual start using (/e and e:\ I think it works with the /e, but I have
    > been unable to prove it yet.) in files directory. It seems that is backs
    > up, but I am unable to use the jave interface to start a restore to

    verify.
    > it does not list the files.
    >

    > "dsanders" wrote:
    > >solved this myself
    > >"dsanders" wrote in message
    > >> Has anyone successfully used lotus notes agent under NT ?
    > >>
    > >> We get an access violation on client in bpbkar32.exe when ever we try

    > >> perform a backup. Veritas have not come up with a fix yet !!!!!

+ Reply to Thread