How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup - Veritas Net Backup ; Is there a MIB available for NetBackup that I can use to configure Netview to monitor it? Does anyone have a good way to have Tivoli monitor NetBackup, maybe using TEC or Netview? Any help appreciated. Thanks....

  1. How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup

    Is there a MIB available for NetBackup that I can use to configure Netview
    to monitor it? Does anyone have a good way to have Tivoli monitor NetBackup,
    maybe using TEC or Netview? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

  2. Re: How to use Tivoli to monitor NetBackup

    "Indy Chakrabarti" wrote:

    >Is there a MIB available for NetBackup that I can use to configure Netview
    >to monitor it? Does anyone have a good way to have Tivoli monitor NetBackup,
    >maybe using TEC or Netview? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

    As you probably know, Netbackup does not support a Tivoli Plus module for

    NT. We have requested that the module be developed and have been
    told it will be avaialble in 1st-2nd QTR 2001. In the mean time, we
    plan to use the Tivoli log adapter and develop our own scripts
    in conjunction with the Netbackup notify scripts, which
    internally will use the Tivoli event command, on Tivoli managed
    nodes. Which we could give you lessons learned, but we are not
    there yet. Good luck!
    events will be used to generate events to the Tivoli TEC.

+ Reply to Thread