Door locked - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Door locked - Veritas Net Backup ; Im evaluating a copy of NetBackup, therefor not very experieced. Im using a WIN2000 server and a HP SureStore 40X6 Autoloader. My problem is that NetBackup has locked the access door of the autoloader. Where can i make NetBackup unlock ...

  1. Door locked

    Im evaluating a copy of NetBackup, therefor not very experieced.
    Im using a WIN2000 server and a HP SureStore 40X6 Autoloader. My problem
    is that NetBackup has locked the access door of the autoloader. Where can
    i make NetBackup unlock the door, i cant seem to find any issues regarding
    this.

    If anyone got any information regarding this problem, please respond to this
    newsgroup or to mikael.johem@provideit.se.

    Thanks in advance,
    Mikael Johem

  2. Re: Door locked

    I am certain that NetBackup has not locked the door. It is not likely that
    backup software would accoplish this. It is something that you might need
    to consult the autoloader's verndor or its documention about.

    Joe.
    "Mikael Johem" wrote in message

    > Im evaluating a copy of NetBackup, therefor not very experieced.
    > Im using a WIN2000 server and a HP SureStore 40X6 Autoloader. My problem
    > is that NetBackup has locked the access door of the autoloader. Where can
    > i make NetBackup unlock the door, i cant seem to find any issues regarding
    > this.
    >
    > If anyone got any information regarding this problem, please respond to

    this
    > newsgroup or to mikael.johem@provideit.se.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Mikael Johem

  3. Re: Door locked

    Veritas does not lock the door (that I aware of)... This state is based on
    the tape drive state. if in use or tape loaded to the drive, the door is
    locked, try to unmount the tape using the robtest utility.

    This information is based on experience with the HP SureStore 1200e, could
    be different for you.

    Luis

    "Joe User" wrote in message news:39ddcc4d@hronntp01....
    > I am certain that NetBackup has not locked the door. It is not likely

    that
    > backup software would accoplish this. It is something that you might need
    > to consult the autoloader's verndor or its documention about.
    >
    > Joe.
    > "Mikael Johem" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Im evaluating a copy of NetBackup, therefor not very experieced.
    > > Im using a WIN2000 server and a HP SureStore 40X6 Autoloader. My problem
    > > is that NetBackup has locked the access door of the autoloader. Where

    can
    > > i make NetBackup unlock the door, i cant seem to find any issues

    regarding
    > > this.
    > >
    > > If anyone got any information regarding this problem, please respond to

    > this
    > > newsgroup or to mikael.johem@provideit.se.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > Mikael Johem

  4. Re: Door locked

    Yes the robtest utility really did the trick. But it seems as soon as the
    services are started it locks the door. I guess it sends a SCSI command to
    the robot.
    I have alot of more experience using BackupExec and within it you can lock
    and unlock the access door.

    Thanks for the quick response.

    Mikael Johem

    "Luis Baez" wrote:
    >Veritas does not lock the door (that I aware of)... This state is based

    on
    >the tape drive state. if in use or tape loaded to the drive, the door is
    >locked, try to unmount the tape using the robtest utility.
    >
    >This information is based on experience with the HP SureStore 1200e, could
    >be different for you.
    >
    >Luis
    >
    >"Joe User" wrote in message news:39ddcc4d@hronntp01....
    >> I am certain that NetBackup has not locked the door. It is not likely

    >that
    >> backup software would accoplish this. It is something that you might

    need
    >> to consult the autoloader's verndor or its documention about.
    >>
    >> Joe.
    >> "Mikael Johem" wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Im evaluating a copy of NetBackup, therefor not very experieced.
    >> > Im using a WIN2000 server and a HP SureStore 40X6 Autoloader. My problem
    >> > is that NetBackup has locked the access door of the autoloader. Where

    >can
    >> > i make NetBackup unlock the door, i cant seem to find any issues

    >regarding
    >> > this.
    >> >
    >> > If anyone got any information regarding this problem, please respond

    >> this
    >> > newsgroup or to mikael.johem@provideit.se.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance,
    >> > Mikael Johem

  5. Re: Door locked

    Netbackup does lock the door. I have run into this problem in the past. An
    easy way to unlock is to stop the netbackup services to release the door.

    "Mikael Johem" wrote:

    >Im evaluating a copy of NetBackup, therefor not very experieced.
    >Im using a WIN2000 server and a HP SureStore 40X6 Autoloader. My problem
    >is that NetBackup has locked the access door of the autoloader. Where can
    >i make NetBackup unlock the door, i cant seem to find any issues regarding
    >this.
    >
    >If anyone got any information regarding this problem, please respond to

    this
    >newsgroup or to mikael.johem@provideit.se.
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >Mikael Johem