VCS installation for HA with only one server available? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS installation for HA with only one server available? - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I need to to bring up a 'Dual' node LR setup using Sun servers. While doing the Solaris OS and VCS installations , is it possible to work only with one server ? What I mean is that is ...

  1. VCS installation for HA with only one server available?

    Hi,

    I need to to bring up a 'Dual' node LR setup using Sun servers. While doing the Solaris OS and VCS installations , is it possible to work only with one server ? What I mean is that is it possible to start installations with only one server and disk storage available and connect the second server only after all installations are completed.

    Also , if you can refer to some documentation regarding this particular scenario.

    Thanks,
    VipZ

  2. Re: VCS installation for HA with only one server available?

    It is possible to install VCS on single server initially, but you will not be able to use this in a fail over scenario just a monitoring one until you add a second server and shared storage.

    When you decide to add another server you would need to know how to change the single server VCS installation to a two node one when you want to add the second server.

    Please refer to the VCS installation guide which is available at sfdoccentral.symantec.com/sf/5.0/solaris/pdf/vcs_install.pdf

+ Reply to Thread