Group dependencies - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Group dependencies - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, there are two service groups: G1 and G2. G2 is dependend from G1. I've a problem that if in G1 a resource has faulted, G2 should be taken offline completely. But that doesn't work. G2 is partial online ( ...

  1. Group dependencies

    Hi,

    there are two service groups: G1 and G2. G2 is dependend from G1.

    I've a problem that if in G1 a resource has faulted, G2 should be taken offline
    completely. But that doesn't work. G2 is partial online ( some resources
    are going to "faulted" ).

    Group dependencies are set to "firm".

    What is the best way to take G2 offline when in G1 a resoruce has faulted.
    The faulted resource in G1 is _not_ set to critical!

    G1 is the database group and G2 is the application group

    THX

    Heinz

  2. Re: Group dependencies

    Thanks!

    So G2 goes only offline if in G1 a _critical_ resource has faulted?

    Heinz

  3. Re: Group dependencies

    OK, so you have group deps.

    That means G2 will only go online when G1 is online.

    So, sounds like G2 goes online when G1 is online. So, it works fine !!!!

    For G@ to go offline if G1 goes offline, you will need to get G1 to go
    offline (thus mark resources as critical) and have a firm dependency
    between G1 and G2

    Heinz Mueller wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > there are two service groups: G1 and G2. G2 is dependend from G1.
    >
    > I've a problem that if in G1 a resource has faulted, G2 should be taken offline
    > completely. But that doesn't work. G2 is partial online ( some resources
    > are going to "faulted" ).
    >
    > Group dependencies are set to "firm".
    >
    > What is the best way to take G2 offline when in G1 a resoruce has faulted.
    > The faulted resource in G1 is _not_ set to critical!
    >
    > G1 is the database group and G2 is the application group
    >
    > THX
    >
    > Heinz

  4. Re: Group dependencies

    No, if the group goes offline, and to make sure the group goes offline,
    make the resources critical

    Heinz Mueller wrote:
    > Thanks!
    >
    > So G2 goes only offline if in G1 a _critical_ resource has faulted?
    >
    > Heinz

+ Reply to Thread