IPMultiMIN cant online - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on IPMultiMIN cant online - Veritas Cluster Server ; hi everyone, i just setup a VCS 5.0 on solaris 10 box. there is two resource groups configured (oracle and application RG), and each group is running on different node such as oracle RG running on node A and application ...

  1. IPMultiMIN cant online

    hi everyone,
    i just setup a VCS 5.0 on solaris 10 box. there is two resource groups
    configured (oracle and application RG), and each group is running on different
    node such as oracle RG running on node A and application RG running on node
    B. however, each RG has a set of MultiNIC and IPMutiNIC in its group. what
    problem i getting, that is, i can switchover the oracle RG to another node
    without problem, IPMultiNIC can online the VIP on that node. but once i disconnect
    both heartbeat cables from one side, one of node will get panic and VCS trying
    to online oracle resources on the remaining node. now the problem happen,
    the IPMultNIC can't online the VIP. my VCS configuration as below.any idea
    ? thanks much

    cluster vcs (
    UserNames = { admin = }
    Administrators = { admin }
    CredRenewFrequency = 0
    UseFence = SCSI3
    CounterInterval = 5
    )

    system test01 (
    )

    system test02 (
    )

    group AP (
    SystemList = { test01 = 0, test02 = 1 }
    AutoStartList = { test01, test02 }
    )

    IPMultiNIC AP_IPMultiNIC (
    Address = "192.168.1.100"
    NetMask = "255.255.255.0"
    MultiNICResName = AP_MultiNICA
    )

    MultiNICA AP_MultiNICA (
    Device @test01 = { ce0 = "192.168.1.1", ce4 = "192.168.1.1" }
    Device @test02 = { ce0 = "192.168.1.2", ce4 = "192.168.1.2" }
    NetMask = "255.255.255.0"
    HandshakeInterval = 10
    )

    AP_IPMultiNIC requires AP_MultiNICA

    group ORACLE (
    SystemList = { test01 = 0, test02 = 1 }
    AutoStartList = { test02, test01 }
    )

    IPMultiNIC Oracle_IPMutliNIC (
    Address = "192.168.1.200"
    NetMask = "255.255.255.0"
    MultiNICResName = Oracle_MultiNICA
    )

    MultiNICA Oracle_MultiNICA (
    Device @test01 = { ce1 = "192.168.1.3", ce5 = "192.168.1.3" }
    Device @test02 = { ce1 = "192.168.1.4", ce5 = "192.168.1.4" }
    NetMask = "255.255.255.0"
    HandshakeInterval = 10
    )

    Oracle_IPMutliNIC requires Oracle_MultiNICA

  2. Re: IPMultiMIN cant online

    How about posting the fail-over (or rather where it does not work) --
    talking about the time when it happens (or does not happen).

    What we need:

    /var/adm/messages (and output of dmesg)
    /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log

    Then we will be able to see what VCS is complaining about

+ Reply to Thread