Virtual machines - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Virtual machines - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello, Do you have any idea whether VCS can be tested on 2 virtual machines? Or is it a must to have a shared disk + 3 nic cards + crossover cable? thanks....

  1. Virtual machines

    Hello,

    Do you have any idea whether VCS can be tested on 2 virtual machines?
    Or is it a must to have a shared disk + 3 nic cards + crossover cable?

    thanks.

  2. Re: Virtual machines

    Simulator is good enough. you do not need build vcs on vritual machines.

    And I don't think that llt protocol works on virtual machines. so the answer
    is no.
    "melanie" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Do you have any idea whether VCS can be tested on 2 virtual machines?
    >Or is it a must to have a shared disk + 3 nic cards + crossover cable?
    >
    >thanks.

  3. Re: Virtual machines

    Hi,

    I downloaded the simulator. I don't see any documentation for it. I just
    need to test the HA. Any idea?

    "yu" wrote:

    >Simulator is good enough. you do not need build vcs on vritual machines.
    >
    >And I don't think that llt protocol works on virtual machines. so the answer
    >is no.
    >"melanie" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>Do you have any idea whether VCS can be tested on 2 virtual machines?
    >>Or is it a must to have a shared disk + 3 nic cards + crossover cable?
    >>
    >>thanks.

  4. Re: Virtual machines

    VCS user guide contains how to use Simulator.

    You need a real environment to test LLT /GAB. for ha commands, you can use
    Simulator to check them.

    yu

    "melanie" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I downloaded the simulator. I don't see any documentation for it. I just
    >need to test the HA. Any idea?
    >
    >"yu" wrote:
    >>
    >>Simulator is good enough. you do not need build vcs on vritual machines.
    >>
    >>And I don't think that llt protocol works on virtual machines. so the answer
    >>is no.
    >>"melanie" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>Do you have any idea whether VCS can be tested on 2 virtual machines?
    >>>Or is it a must to have a shared disk + 3 nic cards + crossover cable?
    >>>
    >>>thanks.

+ Reply to Thread