Does it support load balancing and other products - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Does it support load balancing and other products - Veritas Cluster Server ; While VCS is used for HA (High availability), can it be used for load balancing also? i.e active/active nodes. Can we have node1 active for disk1 and node2 active for disk2 to split the load? VCS supports clustering for apache? ...

  1. Does it support load balancing and other products

    While VCS is used for HA (High availability), can it be used for load balancing
    also? i.e active/active nodes. Can we have node1 active for disk1 and node2
    active for disk2 to split the load?

    VCS supports clustering for apache? Oracle? Sybase?

    thanks.

  2. Re: Does it support load balancing and other products

    what application will use this ?

    If you have Oracle RAC , it can do it and the disks (or volumes) can be
    shared between the machines using Cluster Volume Manager

    VCS has load balance in teh sense of weights that can be assigned to
    service groups. please see the section in the admin guide

    melanie wrote:
    > While VCS is used for HA (High availability), can it be used for load balancing
    > also? i.e active/active nodes. Can we have node1 active for disk1 and node2
    > active for disk2 to split the load?
    >

    > VCS supports clustering for apache? Oracle? Sybase?
    >
    > thanks.

+ Reply to Thread