Strange behaviour after resource Autostart attributes is set to 0 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Strange behaviour after resource Autostart attributes is set to 0 - Veritas Cluster Server ; Strange behaviour after Resource attributes Autostart is set to 0 I have set Autostart attribute =0 for one of oracle resource. Testing it on the simulator, it works as I expect. The SeviceGroup starts, every resource is online except this ...

  1. Strange behaviour after resource Autostart attributes is set to 0

    Strange behaviour after Resource attributes Autostart is set to 0

    I have set Autostart attribute =0 for one of oracle resource. Testing it
    on the simulator, it works as I expect. The SeviceGroup starts, every resource
    is online except this oracle resource. Then I do a failover for this SG,
    it also shows me that every resource is online except this oracle resource.

    When I do this on the production servers, it only works locally. Offline
    SG, then online SG, every resource is online except this oracle resource
    on one node. But I do a failover; every resource is online on another node.

    From engine log, it looks like postonline tatrigger online the resouces.

    Help!!!

  2. Re: Strange behaviour after resource Autostart attributes is set to 0

    forget to mention that it is vcs 4.1

    "yu" wrote:

    >Strange behaviour after Resource attributes Autostart is set to 0
    >

    >I have set Autostart attribute =0 for one of oracle resource. Testing it
    >on the simulator, it works as I expect. The SeviceGroup starts, every resource
    >is online except this oracle resource. Then I do a failover for this SG,
    >it also shows me that every resource is online except this oracle resource.
    >
    >When I do this on the production servers, it only works locally. Offline
    >SG, then online SG, every resource is online except this oracle resource
    >on one node. But I do a failover; every resource is online on another node.
    >

    >From engine log, it looks like postonline tatrigger online the resouces.
    >
    >Help!!!

  3. Re: Strange behaviour after resource Autostart attributes is setto 0

    how to you fail over ?

    If a resource in a service groups fails, and the service group fails
    over, all resources will be started

    yu wrote:
    > forget to mention that it is vcs 4.1
    >
    > "yu" wrote:
    >
    >>Strange behaviour after Resource attributes Autostart is set to 0
    >>

    >>I have set Autostart attribute =0 for one of oracle resource. Testing it
    >>on the simulator, it works as I expect. The SeviceGroup starts, every resource
    >>is online except this oracle resource. Then I do a failover for this SG,
    >>it also shows me that every resource is online except this oracle resource.
    >>
    >>When I do this on the production servers, it only works locally. Offline
    >>SG, then online SG, every resource is online except this oracle resource
    >>on one node. But I do a failover; every resource is online on another node.
    >>

    >>From engine log, it looks like postonline tatrigger online the resouces.

    >>Help!!!

  4. Re: Strange behaviour after resource Autostart attributes is set

    Thanks! Me.

    I do manually failover.
    Command I uses is:

    node1:# hagrp -switch SG to node2

    The idea is that I don't want a resouce (which is on the top of dependence
    tree) online when online this SG. but when I failover it to node2, this resouce
    is online.

    When I do locally online SG , this particular resouce is not online.

    nodes1: #hagrp -online SG -sys node1

    any idea?

    Me wrote:
    >how to you fail over ?
    >
    >If a resource in a service groups fails, and the service group fails
    >over, all resources will be started
    >
    >yu wrote:
    >> forget to mention that it is vcs 4.1
    >>
    >> "yu" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Strange behaviour after Resource attributes Autostart is set to 0
    >>>

    >>>I have set Autostart attribute =0 for one of oracle resource. Testing

    it
    >>>on the simulator, it works as I expect. The SeviceGroup starts, every

    resource
    >>>is online except this oracle resource. Then I do a failover for this SG,
    >>>it also shows me that every resource is online except this oracle resource.
    >>>
    >>>When I do this on the production servers, it only works locally. Offline
    >>>SG, then online SG, every resource is online except this oracle resource
    >>>on one node. But I do a failover; every resource is online on another

    node.

    >>>From engine log, it looks like postonline tatrigger online the resouces.

    >>>Help!!!

  5. Re: Strange behaviour after resource Autostart attributes is set

    best way to stop a resource from starting, is by setting it as Enable 0

    say, you've got a resource called "myres"

    haconf -makerw
    hares -modify myres Enabled 0
    haconf -dump -makero

    yu wrote:
    > Thanks! Me.
    >
    > I do manually failover.
    > Command I uses is:
    >
    > node1:# hagrp -switch SG to node2
    >
    > The idea is that I don't want a resouce (which is on the top of dependence
    > tree) online when online this SG. but when I failover it to node2, this resouce
    > is online.
    >
    > When I do locally online SG , this particular resouce is not online.
    >
    > nodes1: #hagrp -online SG -sys node1
    >
    > any idea?
    >
    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>how to you fail over ?
    >>
    >>If a resource in a service groups fails, and the service group fails
    >>over, all resources will be started
    >>
    >>yu wrote:
    >>
    >>>forget to mention that it is vcs 4.1

    > it

    > resource

    > node.

  6. Re: Strange behaviour after resource Autostart attributes is set

    Tnanks Me.

    However, Setting Enable=0 will not allow me to run "hagrp" command for SG,
    which has been tested in Simulato.

    I don't want to online every single resouce one by one.

    From vcs 4.1 user manual, the method I used should work. and it works in
    simulator indeed.

    Me wrote:
    >best way to stop a resource from starting, is by setting it as Enable 0
    >
    >say, you've got a resource called "myres"
    >

    >haconf -makerw
    >hares -modify myres Enabled 0
    >haconf -dump -makero
    >

    >yu wrote:
    >> Thanks! Me.
    >>
    >> I do manually failover.
    >> Command I uses is:
    >>
    >> node1:# hagrp -switch SG to node2
    >>
    >> The idea is that I don't want a resouce (which is on the top of dependence
    >> tree) online when online this SG. but when I failover it to node2, this

    resouce
    >> is online.
    >>
    >> When I do locally online SG , this particular resouce is not online.
    >>
    >> nodes1: #hagrp -online SG -sys node1
    >>
    >> any idea?
    >>
    >> Me wrote:
    >>
    >>>how to you fail over ?
    >>>
    >>>If a resource in a service groups fails, and the service group fails
    >>>over, all resources will be started

    >> it

    >> resource

    SG,