about Veritas Cluster 5 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on about Veritas Cluster 5 - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello Can you please confirm that to install Veritas Cluster, I must install Veritas Storage Foundation 5.0? I want to test Veritas Cluster 5 and I have 2 Solaris 10 x86. Is there anything else that I need with these ...

  1. about Veritas Cluster 5

    Hello

    Can you please confirm that to install Veritas Cluster, I must install Veritas
    Storage Foundation 5.0?

    I want to test Veritas Cluster 5 and I have 2 Solaris 10 x86. Is there anything
    else that I need with these 2 nodes?

    Many thanks for your kind support

  2. Re: about Veritas Cluster 5

    No need to install Storage Foundation at all

    You will need 2 x-over cacbles (or have a dedicated links between teh
    nodes, not used by IP traffic)

    You will also need a license key to install

    melanie wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Can you please confirm that to install Veritas Cluster, I must install Veritas
    > Storage Foundation 5.0?
    >
    > I want to test Veritas Cluster 5 and I have 2 Solaris 10 x86. Is there anything
    > else that I need with these 2 nodes?
    >
    > Many thanks for your kind support

  3. Re: about Veritas Cluster 5

    "melanie" wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >Can you please confirm that to install Veritas Cluster, I must install Veritas
    >Storage Foundation 5.0?
    >
    >I want to test Veritas Cluster 5 and I have 2 Solaris 10 x86. Is there anything
    >else that I need with these 2 nodes?
    >
    >Many thanks for your kind support

    Storage Foundation 5.0 includes the Veritas Cluster Server binaries adn more.
    You can download the trial version (i think 60days) Storage Foundation 5.0
    here: http://www.symantec.com/business/pro...245&pvid=203_1

    Also check the HCL here : http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...ite/283161.pdf
    to make sure your X86 hardware is compatible.
    You will need at least 3 NICs on the systems each, two crossover cable and
    a shared storage.

  4. Re: about Veritas Cluster 5

    thank you for your replies. Actually I am still testing the product and this
    is why I am using now virtual machines. Can this be fine? Or should I set
    VCS on 2 physical servers (+ 3 NICs each and 2 cross-cable and a shared disk?)

    Also, I tried to install the product. The installation keeps on mentioniong:
    is not a valid license key
    VCS is not licensed on zeus

    I tried to license the product:

    CPI ERROR V-9-1-1062 Cannot determine file location of VRTSllt on SunOS.
    Please confirm that the VRTSllt package is present in the pkgs/ or rpms/
    dir. If it is not present, please bring this to the attention of the owner
    of the missing package.
    installer log files are saved at /opt/VRTS/install/logs/installer-a764OY

    I downloaded the software (Storage Foundation) assuming that it is a 60 days
    trial so basically the license should not be an issue till reaching the 60th
    day. right? how to fix this issue also?

    thanks and appreciate your aupport.

    "Steve Adebayo" wrote:

    >"melanie" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello
    >>
    >>Can you please confirm that to install Veritas Cluster, I must install

    Veritas
    >>Storage Foundation 5.0?
    >>
    >>I want to test Veritas Cluster 5 and I have 2 Solaris 10 x86. Is there

    anything
    >>else that I need with these 2 nodes?
    >>
    >>Many thanks for your kind support

    >Storage Foundation 5.0 includes the Veritas Cluster Server binaries adn

    more.
    >You can download the trial version (i think 60days) Storage Foundation 5.0
    >here: http://www.symantec.com/business/pro...245&pvid=203_1
    >
    >Also check the HCL here : http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...ite/283161.pdf
    >to make sure your X86 hardware is compatible.
    >You will need at least 3 NICs on the systems each, two crossover cable and
    >a shared storage.

  5. Re: about Veritas Cluster 5

    thanks again.
    It turned out that I should have a demo license from Symantec. I am working
    on it.

    Can you please shed light on the virtual machine question? Actually my test
    servers are 2 Virtual machines (no 3 NICs, no cross over cable, no shared
    disk). Will it be a suitable environment to test the VCS?
    thanks
    Me wrote:
    >The problem is the type of machine you're using.
    >
    >What did you download ? The Solaris one ? or the Linux one ?
    >
    >Please note that they will both tell you (in the installation guide)
    >which platforms are supported
    >
    >melanie wrote:
    >> thank you for your replies. Actually I am still testing the product and

    this
    >> is why I am using now virtual machines. Can this be fine? Or should I

    set
    >> VCS on 2 physical servers (+ 3 NICs each and 2 cross-cable and a shared

    disk?)

    >> Also, I tried to install the product. The installation keeps on mentioniong:
    >> is not a valid license key
    >> VCS is not licensed on zeus
    >>
    >> I tried to license the product:
    >>
    >> CPI ERROR V-9-1-1062 Cannot determine file location of VRTSllt on SunOS.
    >> Please confirm that the VRTSllt package is present in the pkgs/ or rpms/
    >> dir. If it is not present, please bring this to the attention of the owner
    >> of the missing package.
    >> installer log files are saved at /opt/VRTS/install/logs/installer-a764OY
    >>

    >> I downloaded the software (Storage Foundation) assuming that it is a 60

    days
    >> trial so basically the license should not be an issue till reaching the

    60th
    >> day. right? how to fix this issue also?
    >>
    >> thanks and appreciate your aupport.

    >> Veritas

    >> anything

    >>>Storage Foundation 5.0 includes the Veritas Cluster Server binaries adn

    >> more.
    >>
    >>>You can download the trial version (i think 60days) Storage Foundation

    5.0
    >>>here: http://www.symantec.com/business/pro...245&pvid=203_1
    >>>
    >>>Also check the HCL here : http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...ite/283161.pdf
    >>>to make sure your X86 hardware is compatible.
    >>>You will need at least 3 NICs on the systems each, two crossover cable

    and
    >>>a shared storage.

  6. Re: about Veritas Cluster 5

    melanie wrote:
    > thank you for your replies. Actually I am still testing the product and this
    > is why I am using now virtual machines. Can this be fine? Or should I set
    > VCS on 2 physical servers (+ 3 NICs each and 2 cross-cable and a shared disk?)
    >
    > Also, I tried to install the product. The installation keeps on mentioniong:
    > is not a valid license key
    > VCS is not licensed on zeus
    >
    > I tried to license the product:
    >
    > CPI ERROR V-9-1-1062 Cannot determine file location of VRTSllt on SunOS.
    > Please confirm that the VRTSllt package is present in the pkgs/ or rpms/
    > dir. If it is not present, please bring this to the attention of the owner
    > of the missing package.
    > installer log files are saved at /opt/VRTS/install/logs/installer-a764OY
    >

    > I downloaded the software (Storage Foundation) assuming that it is a 60 days
    > trial so basically the license should not be an issue till reaching the 60th
    > day. right? how to fix this issue also?
    >
    > thanks and appreciate your aupport.
    >
    > "Steve Adebayo" wrote:
    >
    >>"melanie" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello
    >>>
    >>>Can you please confirm that to install Veritas Cluster, I must install

    > Veritas
    >
    >>>Storage Foundation 5.0?
    >>>
    >>>I want to test Veritas Cluster 5 and I have 2 Solaris 10 x86. Is there

    > anything
    >
    >>>else that I need with these 2 nodes?
    >>>
    >>>Many thanks for your kind support

    >>Storage Foundation 5.0 includes the Veritas Cluster Server binaries adn

    > more.
    >
    >>You can download the trial version (i think 60days) Storage Foundation 5.0
    >>here: http://www.symantec.com/business/pro...245&pvid=203_1
    >>
    >>Also check the HCL here : http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/s...ite/283161.pdf
    >>to make sure your X86 hardware is compatible.
    >>You will need at least 3 NICs on the systems each, two crossover cable and
    >>a shared storage.

+ Reply to Thread