Implication of having ClusterService IP on same interface as another Service Group - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Implication of having ClusterService IP on same interface as another Service Group - Veritas Cluster Server ; Because of a limited public interface adapter. I placed the ClusterService IP resource on the same device that I use for another Service Group. ClusterService IP used NIC en0 SGA IP uses NIC en0 If I down the interface on ...

  1. Implication of having ClusterService IP on same interface as another Service Group

    Because of a limited public interface adapter. I placed the ClusterService
    IP resource on the same device that I use for another Service Group.

    ClusterService IP used NIC en0
    SGA IP uses NIC en0

    If I down the interface on NodeA to force a failover of the SG, it takes
    upwards of 3 minutes to fail the IP address for Service Group SGA. ClusterService
    IP takes about 1 minute to 2 minutes.

    If I disable the ClusterService SG then the Service Group SGA IP will fail
    in about 10 to 30 seconds.

    Also what is the faileover tiem I should expect for a SG when the only rescources
    involved are the NIC and IP resources.

    I am using Veritas Cluster 5.0 MP1
    OS AIX 5.3 TL06
    Interfaces are Virtual through the VIO server.

  2. Re: Implication of having ClusterService IP on same interface as another Service Group

    It is not really a matter that you share the same nic or not. obviously, ClusterService
    is the first SG comes onlline. It sounds like you have a delay on ClusterService
    SG.

    Do you use network SG and Proxy on your cluster? It should not happen if
    you have a network SG, and all other SG having a proxy point to the network
    SG.

    Yu

    "John Oetinger" wrote:

    >Because of a limited public interface adapter. I placed the ClusterService
    >IP resource on the same device that I use for another Service Group.
    >
    >ClusterService IP used NIC en0
    >SGA IP uses NIC en0
    >
    >If I down the interface on NodeA to force a failover of the SG, it takes
    >upwards of 3 minutes to fail the IP address for Service Group SGA. ClusterService
    >IP takes about 1 minute to 2 minutes.
    >
    >If I disable the ClusterService SG then the Service Group SGA IP will fail
    >in about 10 to 30 seconds.
    >
    >Also what is the faileover tiem I should expect for a SG when the only rescources
    >involved are the NIC and IP resources.
    >
    >I am using Veritas Cluster 5.0 MP1
    >OS AIX 5.3 TL06
    >Interfaces are Virtual through the VIO server.

+ Reply to Thread