Service Group Dependencies? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Service Group Dependencies? - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have two IBM p561s each with 2 LPARs configured. One LPAR on each frame is used for Oracle and the other for WAS. I wish to use Virtual Ethernet, this allows you to communicate over TCP/IP via memory between ...

  1. Service Group Dependencies?

    I have two IBM p561s each with 2 LPARs configured. One LPAR on each frame
    is used for Oracle and the other for WAS. I wish to use Virtual Ethernet,
    this allows you to communicate over TCP/IP via memory between LPARs in the
    same frame, between the Oracle and WAS LPARs. To accomplish this I need
    to setup service group dependencies/triggers/etc.. so that if the Oracle
    or WAS service group faults and is moved to another LPAR in a different frame
    the other service group must also be moved to its LPAR in the same frame.
    I have tried using service group dependencies but they do not seem granular
    enough to accomplish what I am trying to do. Does anyone have ideas as how
    I can go about this type of configuration?

    Thanks -Stuart

  2. Re: Service Group Dependencies?

    Just assume that oracle sg is a child and WAS is a parent. So at least there
    are two criterias you need to meet your requirements.

    - Online dependency

    - Hard dependency

    And both of them need to be set to be "critical".

    "Stuart Weaver" wrote:

    >I have two IBM p561s each with 2 LPARs configured. One LPAR on each frame
    >is used for Oracle and the other for WAS. I wish to use Virtual Ethernet,
    >this allows you to communicate over TCP/IP via memory between LPARs in the
    >same frame, between the Oracle and WAS LPARs. To accomplish this I need
    >to setup service group dependencies/triggers/etc.. so that if the Oracle
    >or WAS service group faults and is moved to another LPAR in a different

    frame
    >the other service group must also be moved to its LPAR in the same frame.
    > I have tried using service group dependencies but they do not seem granular
    >enough to accomplish what I am trying to do. Does anyone have ideas as

    how
    >I can go about this type of configuration?
    >
    >Thanks -Stuart

  3. Re: Service Group Dependencies?

    "yu" wrote:

    >Just assume that oracle sg is a child and WAS is a parent. So at least there
    >are two criterias you need to meet your requirements.
    >
    >- Online dependency
    >
    >- Hard dependency
    >
    >And both of them need to be set to be "critical".

    Command would be:

    hagrp -link WAS_SG ORACLE_SG online local hard

    yu

    >"Stuart Weaver" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have two IBM p561s each with 2 LPARs configured. One LPAR on each frame
    >>is used for Oracle and the other for WAS. I wish to use Virtual Ethernet,
    >>this allows you to communicate over TCP/IP via memory between LPARs in

    the
    >>same frame, between the Oracle and WAS LPARs. To accomplish this I need
    >>to setup service group dependencies/triggers/etc.. so that if the Oracle
    >>or WAS service group faults and is moved to another LPAR in a different

    >frame
    >>the other service group must also be moved to its LPAR in the same frame.
    >> I have tried using service group dependencies but they do not seem granular
    >>enough to accomplish what I am trying to do. Does anyone have ideas as

    >how
    >>I can go about this type of configuration?
    >>
    >>Thanks -Stuart

+ Reply to Thread