How to check I/O fencing is running or not? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How to check I/O fencing is running or not? - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, How to check I/O fencing is running or not on both of nodes ( 2 servers cluster)?vxfen can start and stop I/O fencing driver. But how to I know the driver has been started already/ Many thanks YU...

  1. How to check I/O fencing is running or not?

    Hi,

    How to check I/O fencing is running or not on both of nodes ( 2 servers
    cluster)?vxfen can start and stop I/O fencing driver. But how to I know the
    driver has been started already/

    Many thanks

    YU

  2. Re: How to check I/O fencing is running or not?

    Best way to check is that IO fencing actually uses a GAB port.

    If you run

    gabconfig -a

    you should see port "b" being used. If you have 2 nodes, you should see
    membership for both (normally something like 01 for both nodes or ;1
    would mean only 1 node is present)

    Another way is to run vxfenadm -d

    Big issue with that is that you will have to run it on each of the nodes
    while gabconfig (run from any node) will tell you immediately

    yu wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How to check I/O fencing is running or not on both of nodes ( 2 servers
    > cluster)?vxfen can start and stop I/O fencing driver. But how to I know the
    > driver has been started already/
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > YU

+ Reply to Thread