Shutdown on of servers - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Shutdown on of servers - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I just want to ask a one question to be sure. We are using two servers cluster configurations, do I need perform any commands if I will restart or shutdown one of servers that is not handling active service ...

  1. Shutdown on of servers

    Hi,

    I just want to ask a one question to be sure.
    We are using two servers cluster configurations, do I need perform any commands
    if I will restart or shutdown one of servers that is not handling active
    service groups?

    As I know I can just freeze the whole system and then do anything i want
    with standby server, am i right?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: Shutdown on of servers

    You can freeze the service groups or the system itself.

    This will make sure that nothing will fail over to the "standby" server
    while you're doing whatever you're doing.

    Dimarik wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just want to ask a one question to be sure.
    > We are using two servers cluster configurations, do I need perform any commands
    > if I will restart or shutdown one of servers that is not handling active
    > service groups?
    >
    > As I know I can just freeze the whole system and then do anything i want
    > with standby server, am i right?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

+ Reply to Thread