Re: Notifier will not online
Need a couple of things to help here:
1. main.cf file (/etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf)
2. engine log (/var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log)
3. notifier log (/var/VRTSvcs/log/Notifier_A.log)
What to look for :
1. Make sure the notifier has been setup correctly in the configuration
(main.cf). Look at the Bundled Agents Guide to amek sure you've done
2. Make sure that the DNS name (or in /etc/hosts) for the smtp or snmp
hosts can be ersolved. Make sure that you can telnet to the host on the
specific port (see the documentation for the default ports or the ports
specified in the configuration)
3. Look at the engine log to see if there are any messages for the
notifier not going online or trying to go online.
4. Then also look at the notifier log to see if you see any messages
Last thing to do is to enable debug logging for the Notifier resource.
This depends on the version of the VCS software. There are different
ways of doing it for dsifferent versions. Look in the VCS Users Guide
how to do it for your version (or post the version here "pkginfo -l
VRTSvcs", and I will tell you)
Terry LEe wrote:[color=blue]
> VCS 5 - Solaris 10
> I can't get the notifier to online properly using the NotifierMngr resource
> type. It works alright if I start the notifier daemon at the command line.
> The resource just sits in W_ONLINE state.
> Has anybody else seens this behaviour?