Veritas "jumpstarted"?? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Veritas "jumpstarted"?? - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, is there anybody out there who has installed VERITAS via Jumpstart? Any further documentations? I've read the short short pdf document of Veitas Storage Foundation. There is an installation_script with different options like -installonly or -responsefile. But I need ...

  1. Veritas "jumpstarted"??

    Hi,

    is there anybody out there who has installed VERITAS via Jumpstart?

    Any further documentations?

    I've read the short short pdf document of Veitas Storage Foundation.
    There is an installation_script with different options like -installonly
    or -responsefile. But I need further help.

    Thanks!

    Regards
    Heinz

  2. Re: Veritas "jumpstarted"??

    To jumpstart, you'll have to install apckage0-by-package. The list (and
    dependancies and order of install) are all listed in the installation
    guide !!

    You're talking about thee CPI (Common Platform Installer) which is
    basically a Perl script that installs it all for you and then does a
    configure. (well depends on the options you use)

    The configure depends on the product you install. It will (for SF) do
    the following:

    run vxinstall
    select which disks to initialize
    setup a default diskgroup

    Heinz wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there anybody out there who has installed VERITAS via Jumpstart?
    >
    > Any further documentations?
    >
    > I've read the short short pdf document of Veitas Storage Foundation.
    > There is an installation_script with different options like -installonly
    > or -responsefile. But I need further help.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Regards
    > Heinz

+ Reply to Thread