SNMP trap list and associated trap messages - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on SNMP trap list and associated trap messages - Veritas Cluster Server ; I'm setting up SNMP trap monitoring for Cluster Server 4.1 & 5 and need to understand the relationship b/n all the traps. I have the mib (v5 version) and have the trap list but need to know how/if the traps ...

  1. SNMP trap list and associated trap messages

    I'm setting up SNMP trap monitoring for Cluster Server 4.1 & 5 and need to
    understand the relationship b/n all the traps. I have the mib (v5 version)
    and have the trap list but need to know how/if the traps relate to each other.
    I found document id 189980 (http://support.veritas.com/docs/189980) which
    has what I'm looking for, but it appears to be for Cluster Server version
    1, and is only a very small number of the available traps.
    Does anyone know if this information exists for versions 4.1 and 5?

    Basically I need to know what traps are sent when an event happens (ie. resource
    process dies, and group failsover) and how they relate to each other. This
    is to avoid displaying multiple messages to the operations guys.

  2. Re: SNMP trap list and associated trap messages

    the MIB file lists codes sent by the cluster next to the meanings - edit
    the file. Then check the the log file and the admin guide

    Dave wrote:
    > I'm setting up SNMP trap monitoring for Cluster Server 4.1 & 5 and need to
    > understand the relationship b/n all the traps. I have the mib (v5 version)
    > and have the trap list but need to know how/if the traps relate to each other.
    > I found document id 189980 (http://support.veritas.com/docs/189980) which
    > has what I'm looking for, but it appears to be for Cluster Server version
    > 1, and is only a very small number of the available traps.
    > Does anyone know if this information exists for versions 4.1 and 5?
    >
    > Basically I need to know what traps are sent when an event happens (ie. resource
    > process dies, and group failsover) and how they relate to each other. This
    > is to avoid displaying multiple messages to the operations guys.

+ Reply to Thread