VCS command line usage failover - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS command line usage failover - Veritas Cluster Server ; Wht is the best wasy to failover services and groups from the primary server to the backup servers. Excatly what steps via command line should be done. 1. hastatus -sum 2. haconf makerw 3. hagrp groupname -switch tosys backup-system-name. is ...

  1. VCS command line usage failover

    Wht is the best wasy to failover services and groups from the primary server
    to the backup servers. Excatly what steps via command line should be done.
    1. hastatus -sum
    2. haconf makerw
    3. hagrp groupname -switch tosys backup-system-name.

    is this correct ?

  2. Re: VCS command line usage failover

    pick nr. 3

    hastatus -sum --- gives you the status of the cluster
    haconf -makero --- makes the cluster configuration writable
    hagrp -switch --- switch a service group to another machine

    michael wrote:
    > Wht is the best wasy to failover services and groups from the primary server
    > to the backup servers. Excatly what steps via command line should be done.
    > 1. hastatus -sum
    > 2. haconf makerw
    > 3. hagrp groupname -switch to backup-system-name.
    >
    > is this correct ?

  3. Re: VCS command line usage failover

    I don't thnk you need to make the configuration rw. Just do
    1. hastatus -sum
    2. hagrp -switch $group -to $new-node

    Bert

    "michael" wrote:

    >Wht is the best wasy to failover services and groups from the primary server
    >to the backup servers. Excatly what steps via command line should be done.
    >1. hastatus -sum
    >2. haconf makerw
    >3. hagrp groupname -switch tosys backup-system-name.
    >
    >is this correct ?

+ Reply to Thread