can IO fencing work with vxdmp ? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on can IO fencing work with vxdmp ? - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi all, can IO fencing work with vxdmp? I've installed SF4.1 HA with MP1 on my solaris box. and i want to implement IO fencing on VCS. but i don't know IO fencing it works or not if vxdmp is ...

  1. can IO fencing work with vxdmp ?

    Hi all,
    can IO fencing work with vxdmp? I've installed SF4.1 HA with MP1 on my
    solaris box. and i want to implement IO fencing on VCS. but i don't know
    IO fencing it works or not if vxdmp is configured. please help. thanks much!

    Op

  2. Re: can IO fencing work with vxdmp ?

    Yes it will work.

    Fencing is a different component BUT does work closely with DMP.

    Volume Manager (and fencing) discovers all paths to a disk, and when the
    fencing keys are placed on the disks, it will do so on all paths.

    If there are anymore questions, feel free to ask

    Op wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > can IO fencing work with vxdmp? I've installed SF4.1 HA with MP1 on my
    > solaris box. and i want to implement IO fencing on VCS. but i don't know
    > IO fencing it works or not if vxdmp is configured. please help. thanks much!
    >
    > Op

+ Reply to Thread