Create mount point automagically for Mount resource? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Create mount point automagically for Mount resource? - Veritas Cluster Server ; try using a pre-online trigger Ryan Anderson wrote: > Does anybody know of a simple way to configure VCS 4.1 (running on Solaris > 10/SPARC) to automatically create mount directories? If you do not manually > create the mount point ...

  1. Re: Create mount point automagically for Mount resource?

    Ryan Anderson wrote:
    > Does anybody know of a simple way to configure VCS 4.1 (running on Solaris
    > 10/SPARC) to automatically create mount directories? If you do not manually
    > create the mount point directories ahead of time on each node of your cluster,
    > the whole service group fails. We modified the Mount resource's online script
    > in VCS 3.5, but the code in 4.1 is very obfuscated. Call me lazy.
    >
    > I got the /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/Mount/actions/mountpoint.vfd to run and it creates
    > the mount point directory on the first time it runs, but engine_A.log gives
    > a timeout error and the service group fails. If I fail it back to the node
    > where it was created, it (of course) works. I'd like it to work the first
    > time though....
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ryan

  2. Re: Create mount point automagically for Mount resource?

    Ryan Anderson wrote:
    > Does anybody know of a simple way to configure VCS 4.1 (running on Solaris
    > 10/SPARC) to automatically create mount directories? If you do not manually
    > create the mount point directories ahead of time on each node of your cluster,
    > the whole service group fails. We modified the Mount resource's online script
    > in VCS 3.5, but the code in 4.1 is very obfuscated. Call me lazy.
    >
    > I got the /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/Mount/actions/mountpoint.vfd to run and it creates
    > the mount point directory on the first time it runs, but engine_A.log gives
    > a timeout error and the service group fails. If I fail it back to the node
    > where it was created, it (of course) works. I'd like it to work the first
    > time though....
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ryan

  3. Create mount point automagically for Mount resource?

    Does anybody know of a simple way to configure VCS 4.1 (running on Solaris
    10/SPARC) to automatically create mount directories? If you do not manually
    create the mount point directories ahead of time on each node of your cluster,
    the whole service group fails. We modified the Mount resource's online script
    in VCS 3.5, but the code in 4.1 is very obfuscated. Call me lazy.

    I got the /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/Mount/actions/mountpoint.vfd to run and it creates
    the mount point directory on the first time it runs, but engine_A.log gives
    a timeout error and the service group fails. If I fail it back to the node
    where it was created, it (of course) works. I'd like it to work the first
    time though....

    Thanks,
    Ryan

  4. Re: Create mount point automagically for Mount resource?

    That's wonderful. I have this working now, and is a very stupid-simple solution.
    To use a preonline trigger, all you have to do is place a self-made script
    into /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/triggers (look in /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/sample_triggers),
    then add the PreOnline variable to equal 1, ie:

    hagrp -modify PreOnline 1

    It will then execute the preonline script on the host you failover to thereafter.

    Regards,
    Ryan

    Me wrote:
    >try using a pre-online trigger
    >
    >Ryan Anderson wrote:
    >> Does anybody know of a simple way to configure VCS 4.1 (running on Solaris
    >> 10/SPARC) to automatically create mount directories? If you do not manually
    >> create the mount point directories ahead of time on each node of your

    cluster,
    >> the whole service group fails. We modified the Mount resource's online

    script
    >> in VCS 3.5, but the code in 4.1 is very obfuscated. Call me lazy.
    >>
    >> I got the /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/Mount/actions/mountpoint.vfd to run and it

    creates
    >> the mount point directory on the first time it runs, but engine_A.log

    gives
    >> a timeout error and the service group fails. If I fail it back to the

    node
    >> where it was created, it (of course) works. I'd like it to work the first
    >> time though....
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Ryan

+ Reply to Thread