import dg - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on import dg - Veritas Cluster Server ; We are tesing the resource takeover during the system reboot. We found the resource group can be failed to another server when we use "shutdown" command. But with "reboot", the VG seems crashed and the standby server can't import the ...

  1. import dg

    We are tesing the resource takeover during the system reboot.
    We found the resource group can be failed to another server when we use "shutdown"
    command.
    But with "reboot", the VG seems crashed and the standby server can't import
    the dg under this circumstance. error msg:
    VxVM vxdg ERROR V-5-1-587 Disk group test_dg: import failed: No valid disk
    found containing disk group.

    I'm wondering if the server crashes the VG can't be failed over to the alive
    node.

  2. Re: import dg

    When you do a shutdown, the vcs stop script is run.

    What this does is a hastop -failover

    This will make sure that the diskgroup is deported and the new machine
    will import it.

    What you need to do on the other machine is the following:

    vxdctl scandisks
    vxdg -tCf -o clearreserve import test_dg

    li wrote:
    > We are tesing the resource takeover during the system reboot.
    > We found the resource group can be failed to another server when we use "shutdown"
    > command.
    > But with "reboot", the VG seems crashed and the standby server can't import
    > the dg under this circumstance. error msg:
    > VxVM vxdg ERROR V-5-1-587 Disk group test_dg: import failed: No valid disk
    > found containing disk group.
    >

    > I'm wondering if the server crashes the VG can't be failed over to the alive
    > node.

+ Reply to Thread