fackptadm asking for license - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on fackptadm asking for license - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi Team, I have 4 node cluster having cfs mount points. I am trying to take storage checkpoints from the command fsckptadm createall /vol1 /vol2 /vol3 /vol4 fsckpt_fsopen: You don't have a license to run this program vxfs fsckptadm: checkpoint ...

  1. fackptadm asking for license

    Hi Team,

    I have 4 node cluster having cfs mount points. I am trying to take
    storage checkpoints from the command

    fsckptadm createall /vol1 /vol2 /vol3 /vol4
    fsckpt_fsopen: You don't have a license to run this program
    vxfs fsckptadm: checkpoint createall failed on /vol2, Unknown error (100)

    I have installed HA Gold key licenses for 3.5 Foundation suite. Do i
    need to have a seperate license for this feature.

    Thanks and Regards,

    Novonil Choudhuri

  2. Re: fackptadm asking for license

    root wrote:
    >Hi Team,
    >
    >I have 4 node cluster having cfs mount points. I am trying to take
    >storage checkpoints from the command
    >
    >fsckptadm createall /vol1 /vol2 /vol3 /vol4
    >fsckpt_fsopen: You don't have a license to run this program
    >vxfs fsckptadm: checkpoint createall failed on /vol2, Unknown error (100)
    >
    >I have installed HA Gold key licenses for 3.5 Foundation suite. Do i
    >need to have a seperate license for this feature.
    >
    >Thanks and Regards,
    >
    >Novonil Choudhuri

    Yes, Cluster File System (CFS) has its own license. Foundation suite includes
    regular filesystem and volume manager. The tech support line should be able
    to give you an evaluation license.

  3. Re: fackptadm asking for license

    Hi Cris Thanks for your reply , can anyone provide the licenses which
    supports the full feature of checkpoints ?

    chris wrote:
    > root wrote:
    >> Hi Team,
    >>
    >> I have 4 node cluster having cfs mount points. I am trying to take
    >> storage checkpoints from the command
    >>
    >> fsckptadm createall /vol1 /vol2 /vol3 /vol4
    >> fsckpt_fsopen: You don't have a license to run this program
    >> vxfs fsckptadm: checkpoint createall failed on /vol2, Unknown error (100)
    >>
    >> I have installed HA Gold key licenses for 3.5 Foundation suite. Do i
    >> need to have a seperate license for this feature.
    >>
    >> Thanks and Regards,
    >>
    >> Novonil Choudhuri

    > Yes, Cluster File System (CFS) has its own license. Foundation suite includes
    > regular filesystem and volume manager. The tech support line should be able
    > to give you an evaluation license.

+ Reply to Thread