Why did My VCS system occurred automatic switching - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Why did My VCS system occurred automatic switching - Veritas Cluster Server ; Product & Version: suse linux enterprise server 8.0 veritas storage solutions 2.2...

  1. Why did My VCS system occurred automatic switching

    Product & Version: suse linux enterprise server 8.0
    veritas storage solutions 2.2

  2. Re: Why did My VCS system occurred automatic switching

    "gusdavo" wrote:

    >Product & Version: suse linux enterprise server 8.0
    > veritas storage solutions 2.2

    VCS will automatically switch a resource to another node when any resource
    fails that is set to critical. Check the "engine_A.log" file, which is the
    main (tho not the only) VCS log. On my AIX host the log is in /var/VRTSvcs/log/

  3. Re: Why did My VCS system occurred automatic switching

    Chris:

    Thank you very much for your advise, I've gone through the "engine_A.log"
    file but did not find anything abnormal, Coul it be possible for me to send
    you the "engine_A.log" file and help me out checking it ?, if so, Can I send
    it to the e-mail "noemail@spam.com" or Where can I attach it ?

    Thank you in advance.

    "chris" wrote:

    >"gusdavo" wrote:
    >>
    >>Product & Version: suse linux enterprise server 8.0
    >> veritas storage solutions 2.2

    >VCS will automatically switch a resource to another node when any resource
    >fails that is set to critical. Check the "engine_A.log" file, which is the
    >main (tho not the only) VCS log. On my AIX host the log is in /var/VRTSvcs/log/

  4. Re: Why did My VCS system occurred automatic switching

    "gustavo" wrote:

    > Chris:
    >
    > Thank you very much for your advise, I've gone through the "engine_A.log"
    >file but did not find anything abnormal, Coul it be possible for me to send
    >you the "engine_A.log" file and help me out checking it ?, if so, Can I

    send
    >it to the e-mail "noemail@spam.com" or Where can I attach it ?
    >
    >Thank you in advance.
    >

    >"chris" wrote:
    >>
    >>"gusdavo" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Product & Version: suse linux enterprise server 8.0
    >>> veritas storage solutions 2.2

    >>VCS will automatically switch a resource to another node when any resource
    >>fails that is set to critical. Check the "engine_A.log" file, which is

    the
    >>main (tho not the only) VCS log. On my AIX host the log is in /var/VRTSvcs/log/

    I'm sorry, I do not have time to go through an engine log. That email is
    not a valid address. Good luck.

  5. Re: Why did My VCS system occurred automatic switching

    find the part where the switch took place, cut and paste and post here

    When anyone has time, we will look. Failing that, open a call with Symantec

    chris wrote:
    > "gustavo" wrote:
    >

    >> Chris:
    >>
    >> Thank you very much for your advise, I've gone through the "engine_A.log"
    >>file but did not find anything abnormal, Coul it be possible for me to send
    >>you the "engine_A.log" file and help me out checking it ?, if so, Can I

    > send
    >
    >>it to the e-mail "noemail@spam.com" or Where can I attach it ?
    >>
    >>Thank you in advance.

    >>>VCS will automatically switch a resource to another node when any resource
    >>>fails that is set to critical. Check the "engine_A.log" file, which is

    > the
    >
    >>>main (tho not the only) VCS log. On my AIX host the log is in /var/VRTSvcs/log/
    >>>

    > I'm sorry, I do not have time to go through an engine log. That email is
    > not a valid address. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread