Hi,

In our testing lab, we have several VCS (Veritas) clusters, all on the same
subnet.
To distinguish among the various VCSs, one sets a unique number for the 'set-cluster'
parameter of /etc/llttab.

My question:
Is there a way to send a (broadcast) message on the subnet and have all nodes/clusters
answer with their set-cluster parameters, so that if a new cluster is created,
its set-cluster parameter will not conflict with existing clusters ?

For example, the /etc/llttab of one cluster has no set-cluster, another has
'set-cluster 2' and a third has 'set-cluster 7'. One installs a new cluster,
and would like to know that 0,2, and 7 are already taken.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and bye,
Ron.