Clustering hte BizTalk 2006 Master Secret Server service - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Clustering hte BizTalk 2006 Master Secret Server service - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi folks, I'm using VCS 4.3 on Windows 2k3 Std, and I'm attempting to cluster the BizTalk Enterprise Single Sign-On service (and the Master Secret Server). I've seen the numerous bits of information out there regarding clustering BizTalk with MS ...

  1. Clustering hte BizTalk 2006 Master Secret Server service

    Hi folks, I'm using VCS 4.3 on Windows 2k3 Std, and I'm attempting to
    cluster the BizTalk Enterprise Single Sign-On service (and the Master Secret
    Server).

    I've seen the numerous bits of information out there regarding clustering
    BizTalk with MS Clustering, but I cannot find anything detailing how to do
    this with VCS.

    I believe I've sussed out the vast extent of the configuration required, but
    I'm stuck on one thing. When I attempt to restore the Master Secret Server
    password on the failover node in the cluster, it complains that it is not
    the Master and cannot restore the password from the backup file.

    I'd created a service group for the BizTalk ENTSSO service, and it has its
    own diskgroup, Lanman, IP, and NIC resources (along with a RegRep resource).
    I've configured a Generic Service resource for the ENTSSO service itself,
    and I'm assuming I need to have UseVirtualName set to 'true' (to use the
    virtual name defined in the associated Lanman resource), but when I do this
    the service cannot start.

    Any ideas here???

    Thanks!!!

  2. Re: Clustering hte BizTalk 2006 Master Secret Server service

    Wups, sorry I must have put the wrong name in my ID field, I am certainly
    NOT Symantec.

    Move along ... move along ..

    "Symantec" wrote in message
    > Hi folks, I'm using VCS 4.3 on Windows 2k3 Std, and I'm attempting to
    > cluster the BizTalk Enterprise Single Sign-On service (and the Master

    Secret
    > Server).
    >
    > I've seen the numerous bits of information out there regarding clustering
    > BizTalk with MS Clustering, but I cannot find anything detailing how to do
    > this with VCS.
    >
    > I believe I've sussed out the vast extent of the configuration required,

    but
    > I'm stuck on one thing. When I attempt to restore the Master Secret

    Server
    > password on the failover node in the cluster, it complains that it is not
    > the Master and cannot restore the password from the backup file.
    >
    > I'd created a service group for the BizTalk ENTSSO service, and it has its
    > own diskgroup, Lanman, IP, and NIC resources (along with a RegRep

    resource).
    > I've configured a Generic Service resource for the ENTSSO service itself,
    > and I'm assuming I need to have UseVirtualName set to 'true' (to use the
    > virtual name defined in the associated Lanman resource), but when I do

    this
    > the service cannot start.
    >
    > Any ideas here???
    >
    > Thanks!!!